Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help these bloody bamboo nappies won't dry and i've got two clean ones left!

(18 Posts)
SilverSixpence Fri 01-Aug-08 21:21:01

i've got a 3 week old who poos in every nappy - we get through 8 or 9 a day..this would be fine as i bought 21 nappies (16 little lamb bamboo and 5 flexitots) except that the bamboo ones take forever and a day to dry, even in this weather! i have two left, and he's just done a poo so that means there's one left for tonight, so he may be in disposable again before the end of it. I don't really want to buy many more size 1 nappies but have been thinking about getting a few quick drying microfibre ones - or is there a way of getting these bamboo ones dry quicker? don't have a tumble dryer, that's the main problem

Bluebutterfly Fri 01-Aug-08 21:22:44

Not helpful for right now, but maybe buy a few cotton nappies for back up, that you can use if you run out of bamboo and will dry faster, especially in damp weather.

Bluebutterfly Fri 01-Aug-08 21:23:47

If you buy the kind that fit into a liner, then you can use them in larger size wraps too, so not wasted iyswim.

BigBadMousey Fri 01-Aug-08 21:32:46

LL bamboo are incredibly thick and slow drying - even for bamboo nappies in general. You couldn't really have bought a slower drying nappy if you'd tried IMO (sorry). The flexitot dries as quckly as a normal totsbots bamboozle (honestly).

Sorry not very helpful post sad

4andnotout Fri 01-Aug-08 21:34:18

How about a few terry squares? They are cheap and dry in a few hours even on an airer.

SilverSixpence Fri 01-Aug-08 21:34:39

lol thanks Mousey maybe i'll try and sell half and buy some slightly quicker drying ones instead - suggestions? I liked the sound of the bambinex teddy ones..

BigBadMousey Fri 01-Aug-08 21:45:13

Why did you go for bamboo? Do you want a relatively thin fit or are you happy to wrestle with trousers

BigBadMousey Fri 01-Aug-08 21:45:36

err...IYSWIM grin

CarGirl Fri 01-Aug-08 21:47:50

why don't you get some size 2 wambamboo/bambino off ebay, really cheap and fold down small enough to be used as newborn nappies.

tassisssss Fri 01-Aug-08 21:48:10

terries squares are great for extras

do you have a heated towel rail? i was running low on dry nappies today and popped 2 on ours this mroning and they're dry (if slightly crunchy!) already

fluffles are FAB if you're looking to spend more money, dry in a matter of hours, infact almost dry when you take them out of the machine

Upwind Fri 01-Aug-08 22:04:54

Can you use muslins as nappies until more have dried?

SilverSixpence Fri 01-Aug-08 22:16:10

sorry was having lovely time on ebay window-shopping grin i might just get a couple of fluffle types or was thinking of wambamboo - i actually bought some originally then sold again at same price because they seemed too thin! little did i know.. we have got a heated towel rail so will try that, and have some muslins as well but i think he wees too much for those.

Mousey went for bamboo because they seemed fluffy and cute! ah the dreams of a newly pg woman how they tumble around her wink

CarGirl Fri 01-Aug-08 22:19:35

I have tried most nappies and I was very impressed with the wambamboo so if you buy another 10 size 2 ones they should help you with the drying and will last until potty trained. The thinness is really great you get clothes to fit much easier etc.

Also try doing a nappy wash every day/36 hours.

AnnVan Sat 02-Aug-08 05:40:41

Sixpence - on the advice of my local nappy agent, I have bought the Bambinex Teddies. Everything I have read about them saysthat they dry so fast - bamboo is supposed to be the slowest drying fbric around. I've also been told the Teddies are very absorbent as well. Can tell you from the look of mine that they are really cute and fluffy and also very soft (like a teddy).They would be better than cotton, because they don't go crunchy with line drying. Have also got a few of the bambineos in size 2 to old down small.

AnnVan Sat 02-Aug-08 05:42:57

Sorry - to Fold down small

needaholiday Sat 02-Aug-08 17:41:29

Do you have an airing cupboard that you could put them in (or even a very low oven with the door open...)

suwoo Sat 02-Aug-08 17:53:28

I've got a tip although I'm sure its stupid and unadvisable although it works. When my bamboo nappies are almost dry, I drape them over a pint glass in the microwave (has a small amount of water in it) just for 30 seconds and that seems to dry them blush. Other than that I leave them on the bathroom floor which has underfloor heating. I've got a few slinki minki's as spares but everything is huge compared to my bambineo.

ilovemydog Sat 02-Aug-08 17:58:58

Could you use a liner and booster so that you don't have to wash every time he has a poo?

Or is this just too weird?\

DD and DS both wore Sandy's extra small and they seemed to dry OK.

Bamboo does take forever to dry...

But really well done for using resuables when your DC is 3 weeks!!!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now