Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What do you do about newborn poo? Change every single time or leave for a bit?

(10 Posts)
FrannyandZooey Fri 01-Aug-08 18:05:11

If the baby is asleep, do you change them? What about in the middle of the night (if you know changing will wake them and leaving them will mean you all can stay sleeping)

if they poo during a feed, when they are just nodding off nicely, do you change them then? just wondering how lazy benignly neglectful I can be

popsycal Fri 01-Aug-08 18:07:03

def change if awake
and think i would if just nodding off
but maybe would wait a bit if asleep though if in the night i think i would change and then give a little mini feed to get back to sleep

i think

FrannyandZooey Fri 01-Aug-08 18:08:30

i can't believe i don't know these things
i have forgotten everything

2point4kids Fri 01-Aug-08 18:08:45

Yes change them.
If they poo mid feed and are dozing off then I found that changing them and then feeding again always topped them up that bit more and got a bit longer sleep afterwards smile

fryalot Fri 01-Aug-08 18:08:53

what popsycal said.

Let sleeping babies lie (unless, of course, you can't sleep for the smell wink) but if he is awake, even if only just awake, change him.

If you find he is sleeping through poos quite often, it may be an idea to slap TONS of barrier cream on his bum before you put him down

MissKubelik Fri 01-Aug-08 18:10:27

I would change pooey nappy straight away. My DD hardly ever got nappy rash, so it worked for us.

I only have one PFB though - maybe I will be more slack with the next baby!

FrannyandZooey Fri 01-Aug-08 18:11:36

if we change mid feed he will often poo again straight away
and the again shortly after just for a larf

fryalot Fri 01-Aug-08 18:14:15

my ds used to do that, franny. And at any point that he realised he had a clean nappy on. Even if we had just changed it because he did a mahoosive poo in the last one.

little sod angel grin

popsycal Fri 01-Aug-08 18:22:00

both mine would wait for a clean nappy then poo again

poppy34 Fri 01-Aug-08 18:26:40

you're lucky they wait for a nappy to be on popsycal/squonk...

change if pooey, leave if she is asleep (although usually wakes up if it gets too wet)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now