Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Crying when trying to poo..

(5 Posts)
meshellby Fri 01-Aug-08 12:18:47

DD isn't constipated but is taking forever to get her daily poo out and in the meantime is screaming with it? Doctor said all babies do this, but she looks in such pain, any advice??? She is 11 weeks old, is it too early to give her water to help??

maretta Fri 01-Aug-08 12:21:21

My ds did this and he did end up as a constipated child.

I'm not sure what you can do, it gets easier when they're older and can take stuff. Have you tried stuff like gripe water.

thumbwitch Fri 01-Aug-08 12:23:21

all babies? i don't believe that. mine didn't until 6mo and on solids. cooled boiled water is fine to give her if she will take it and if you are bfing make sure you drink enough yourself too, and drink fennel tea as that can help.

meshellby Fri 01-Aug-08 12:40:41

Have tried gripe water when she was about 6wks old but didn't seem to make any difference...maybe will try docs again to get a second opinion..

laura325630 Fri 01-Aug-08 16:35:03

My dd does this on and off and she is 7 weeks. We give her the odd oz or 2 of cooled boiled water and it does the trick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now