Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

How many wraps?

(7 Posts)
missorinoco Thu 31-Jul-08 11:20:57

Ds is 14 months. We wash nappies every 1.5-2 days. I currently have 3 large motherease wraps (and 3 now outgrown medium-large ones). Will I get away with 4 wraps, or should I get 2-3 more?

(Sorry, this sounds like a GSCE maths question!)

Bramshott Thu 31-Jul-08 11:23:25

I have 6 wraps (and 24 nappies) - Cottom Bottoms but I guess similar type of system.

MummyToOneForNow Thu 31-Jul-08 11:45:32

I get away with 4 - I have 2 on the go at once so they have a couple of hours to air between wearing them and they go in the wash with the nappies every 1.5/2 days. They dry so quickly that we can still manage if we have an occasional poo leak on to the wrap taking it out of circulation. I do use a disposable at night though so don't get through quite as many and this is when I do my laundry.

BigBadMousey Thu 31-Jul-08 12:00:24

4 should be fine - unless the nappy you put underneath it is very unreliable and leaks poo onto your wraps more than twice a day.

My cloth wearing DCs have 4 each and I wash every 3rd day.

missorinoco Thu 31-Jul-08 15:09:01

great.
thankyou.

needaholiday Thu 31-Jul-08 19:37:29

we have a lot of wraps (22 blush) we were fine till someone sent us in the direction of nappyelite and we found wraps for just £5.99 each in all sorts of colours and stuff and, well, it was too hard to choose blush. In our defence they have never leaked

Lovage Fri 01-Aug-08 14:07:42

I have more wraps than nappies - someone lent me a load recently. It's great because you can do a fresh wrap every change, which means you don't have to find somewhere to put the damp nappy while you're putting on the clean one (I'm so lazy and disorganised). And because you're not supposed to wash the wraps above 40, you can do an occasional wash at 60 for the nappies, without having to remember to put the wraps in a separate wash soon after (I usually wash them all together at 40, so they don't go near the ordinary laundry basket). Again, would be perfectly easy to get round this without owning so many wraps, but I do like the convenience.

Mine only cost £5 anyway - Popolino basic white ones, but fit much better than my few Tots Bots ones (skinny child)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now