Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

suggestions for a size2 "active fit" reusable please

(12 Posts)
FloriaTosca Thu 31-Jul-08 10:15:52

DS is now just 10mths and has been walking for nearly 2 mths already. I had bought a pile of size2 Totsbots bamboozles because I loved the size1s so much but the size2s seem too bulky and are making him walk like a cowboy..I have been using the size1s to keep him comfy/walking straight but they really are getting far too small now. Can anyone please recommend an "active fit" style shaped reusable (preferrably bamboo) that will accommodate his chunky legs and allow him to keep charging up and down the living room without going bandy legged?

BigBadMousey Thu 31-Jul-08 12:12:41

For some reason lots of people who have used size 1 bamboozles never get on with the size 2s hmm.

Bambinex are cut thinner between the legs and have a nice high rise - many people find them a better fit than the size 2 bamboozles.

Lollipop bamboo are like a bamboozle / bambinex hybrid with regards to cut - they work well

MEOS bamboo are thin fitting too - I personally don't like the cut but many others do - bamboo on those is lovely and soft smile.

or you could be brave and try a pocket nappy - very useful at this wriggly stage.

Little lamb bamboo, bambeasies and bamboo Sandys would probably be too bulky (esp the LL)

When I had this problem with DD2, I resolved it by going up a trouser size.

Whatever you do, get one to try before committing to loads of one type. Bambinex / Geobel are on offer atm though wink

BigBadMousey Thu 31-Jul-08 12:14:15

I have no idea why I wrote that like I was writing lines hmm

FloriaTosca Thu 31-Jul-08 17:02:00

Oooh! I sense a shopping spreegrin..I can't resist anything on offer!

I do love my Bamboozles and think they would have been perfect if he wasnt walking so much already.sad..but I suppose even if he didnt take after his early walking father it was only going to be a matter of a few months before we would have discovered the flaws in them anyway hmm

Thank you so much BigBadMousey for the benefit of your comprehensive knowledge...I'm off to order a bambinex and a lollipop and see how they go...(lol at your "lines"grin)

Ariela Thu 31-Jul-08 17:13:24

I'd suggest the new FlexiTot from Tots Bots - bamboo velour inside, high cut like a disposable at the leg, very soft and not bulky at all.

ten10 Thu 31-Jul-08 17:19:05

I also love Bambinex size 2's,
very soft, very absorbant

and they are great for my DS who has a very slim bottom and almost no hips, so I had tried a number of different nappies before chosing these.

BigBadMousey Thu 31-Jul-08 17:25:44

FloriaTosca - why are there no photos of your Bouvier on your profile? sad

I agree the flexitot might work too - lovely nappy, certainly flexible and high cut but I do disagree with Totsbots about the slim fit - my (old style) fluffles are thinner hmm

FloriaTosca Fri 01-Aug-08 13:41:49

BigBadMousey. Sorry about the lack of photos of Thane...I shall have to scan some and rectify the omissionsmileI have ordered a bambinex size2 (15% off)...I think this will be just the job as I was given 3 bambineos when ds was newborn that were the only ones that fitted well at that stage (I had forgotten about themhmm)..thank you for the info.

Ten10. Thanks for the confirmation.

Ariela; Thanks for the suggestion. I had a look on line and they certainly look comfy, will admit to being a bit surprised that it needed a wrap as it looks like an all in one..and quite a bit more pricey too.. but I think I will get one and see how I like it...the slim fit looks like it is at the waist and hips which would be great for getting trousers over but not between the legs where it is needed for a lo walking...but we will see, I'm prepared to be pleasantly surprisedwink

BigBadMousey Fri 01-Aug-08 14:33:38

Floria - there is a photo of my babyDS in a flexitot on my profile if you want to see the fit.

cmotdibbler Fri 01-Aug-08 14:37:19

How about Baby Beehinds ? They are actually a BTP, but are very slim fitting. I'm selling mine as DS is potty trained now if you are interested

SilverSixpence Fri 01-Aug-08 21:23:32

im going to buy flexitots for my DS when he needs size 2. i have them in size 1 and they are so much slimmer than the LL bamboo ones he has! also they hold wee pretty well and don't seem to get as heavy when wet as bamboo too.

FloriaTosca Sun 03-Aug-08 08:27:49

Hi
Sorry not to respond sooner...we have been staying at my mothers for a couple of nights while destroyingdecorating her lounge and she has no internet connectionhmm

BigBadMousey; Your children are gorgeous!And what a star nappy modeller your Ds is! The flexitot certainly looks good on him. I've ordered one of them too now. As you say, it seems best to try one at a time and see what works. Oh and Dh promises to transferr Thanes photo file onto the new computer for me today

CutOwnThroatDibbler;The BabyBeehinds look interesting...if you have still got them after I have tried these bambinex and flexitots I will get in touch.

Silversixpence;Thanks for the endorsement

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now