Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

help....potty training

(3 Posts)
helsi Wed 09-Feb-05 23:05:23

I'm very slowly introducing potty training to dd (26 months). She knows what the potty is for _ she says its to poo and wee in - great I thought so took her nappy off tonight and asked her if she wanted to do a wee or poo on the potty. She said yes and sat down on it. after a bit of straining she got up saying - finished now but there was nothing there. I left her in the room without a nappy for a couple of minutes whilst I went into the kitchen. She came running in to me saying "mumy mummy whats happened?". When I went into the room she had done a poo.....on the rug!! She said first that she had done a wee wee but then kept asking me what it was and when I said it was poo she ran around pleased with herself saying "Hannah did poo, Hannah did a poo". I tried to explain that all poos and wees should go in the potty.

Do you agree that she is probably not ready yet?

NewYorker1 Wed 09-Feb-05 23:29:03

I think shes ready but not quite ready for immediate removal of the nappy. I started with my boy at 2 yrs. I took him with me ever time I needed to go and he sat next to me on his potty. I asked if he needed a wee or a poo and he always did. I always had a selection of his favourite books in case the need arose for further straining! He did not get out of nappies until he was 28 months. I started taking the nappies off once I saw that after his afternoon nap his nappy was dry. It is just a muscle that needs to develop,so once they get the hang of it you can get them potty trained in a couple of weeks. Once his nappies were dry for a week he went for his snooze in the afternoon with his "Big Boy Pants" on. The only time we had accidents during the day was when I forgot to remind him that he needed to go. Just keep telling them every 10-15 mins and especially when you are ready to leave somewhere and when you come in from somewhere, you both soon get the hang of it. I have certainly had my moments ..in fact there were a few occassions where it was so bad that I had to cut the underpants off!! The rug isn't really that bad come to think of it!

sievehead Wed 09-Feb-05 23:31:03

that sounds bloody good to me. she'll be there pretty soon. DD1 did that a couple of times then that was it - sorted. DD2 rushes me to the loo every 5 minutes and never does anything!! I'm glad tho as don't want to do it until the summer when she can strip off and it'll be easier.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: