Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Anybody used/using Modern Baby nappies?

(9 Posts)
Essie3 Wed 30-Jul-08 10:59:21

I'm using the old-style ones, with an outer wrap and prefolds, but I only have size 1 and will need to get the next size up. However, the company has changed the nappy style to a strange all in one pop in. Anybody using them? Any opinions?

RuthChan Wed 30-Jul-08 13:25:43

Yes, they changed their style a few months ago.
I have one of the new pop-ins and use it on my 1.8 year old DD.
It's easy to use and pretty reliable, but it's quite different from the nappies and wraps that I usually use.
If you're used to their old style nappies, I would recommend only buying one of the new ones to try before getting in a whole set.

Octothechildherder Sun 03-Aug-08 20:09:36

I am selling one second hand - its a pistachio one - haven;t got on with it but can see why people do hmm Only got it in May.

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Sun 03-Aug-08 20:12:18

I had one and got on well with it - lovely t shirt soft feel to it and easy to use and reasonable to dry, not a stay dry lining though which killed it for me but canny enough.... i sold it on .....

horseymum Mon 04-Aug-08 13:34:34

i like the modern baby shaped nappies and wraps, both the old and new style, although the new one is better with a fleece booster. they are much underrated i think, but not tried the prefolds.

Essie3 Mon 04-Aug-08 13:58:14

Cool. I like the old style ones, but found it odd that there were almost no reviews of them!
My reason for asking was that when DS gets too big, I'll have to buy more nappies, but I don't know which to get. And one option is to just go for the new Modern Baby ones, but I guess I could try before I invest.
Are the new ones bulky? DS is a tiddler! My thinking is that I could get them and sell on the old style ones. (DS is my first and I'm not ruling out having another one! grin)
Nappyzone aren't you an expert on nappies?? (I lurk on this board all the time!) I need brand advice!

thehairybabysmum Mon 04-Aug-08 14:20:53

I had two wraps which i really liked BUT they lost their waterproofness after a few months (my other wraps ok and washed the same as everything else), not just by the legs but all over. I took them back and got my money back.

I personally think the onelife ones are best, popper wraps and nappies, easy to use, quick to dry and slimfitting on.

horseymum Mon 04-Aug-08 19:54:46

i have had no problems with the wraps, got mine second hand and they are on my second child too! the old style nappies are fairly slim fitting but you can boost if you need to, the new ones are a wee bit more bulky but fine, especially with matching wrap or similar one that is not too big. they are great for CM/ babysitter to use as fairly idiot proof (although my friend put one on back to front- it still worked tho!)

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Mon 04-Aug-08 20:24:05

Lol - ermmmm blush - perhaps but if you lurk alot you will know i am a huge pocket fan so for me its Greenkids all the way at the moment with Bumgenius as my workhorse nappies - GK wash up better imho. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now