Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Any tips for getting them to actually prodcue a wee?

(6 Posts)
Takeadeepbreath Wed 30-Jul-08 09:25:38

My DD is 2.5 and we are on day 6 of toilet training. First few days very reluctant to use potty but since getting Winnie the Pooh toilet seat with handles, she will very happily sit on the toilet. Trouble is she will sit there for ages, often 40mins+ without doing anything, then she asks to get off and promptly wees on the floor. Have tried running the tap and someone mentioned cold spoon on their back (shock tactic, seems a bit cruel and didn't work btw), but still only 1 wee in toilet. HAve started sticker chart for wees and poos but as there is only one on there does not seem much incentive. She knows when she needs to go but seems to have very strong bladder control. Any ideas?

CoteDAzur Wed 30-Jul-08 09:27:51

Make her blow bubbles when sitting on toilet.

Have a bag of M&Ms next to toilet. She can have one when she does a wee. Two, if she does a poo.

amner Wed 30-Jul-08 09:29:35

Turn the taps on ?

SoupKitchen Wed 30-Jul-08 09:29:43

On day 6 with no success( one wee is probably more luck than judgement) I would give up and try again in a couple of weeks

TrinityRhino Wed 30-Jul-08 09:32:47

diont make her sit on the loo for forty mins
dont stick cold spoons on her back
tell her she must go o the loo when she needs a wee
make no fuss when she pees and poos on the floor

make HUGE fuss when she pees on toilet( you may have to wait a while)

invite her to come and try on the loo whenever you go

stop making such a big ting of it

take up expensive rugs
invest in some fevreeze
gfet some choccie buttons for when wees are in the loo
let her run around naked (helps with her realising she is about to wee)

BigBadMousey Wed 30-Jul-08 09:40:52

I agree with soupkitchen. She's still only young - she sounds pretty bright so I think she'll train very quickly when she is ready.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now