Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Cotton nappy advice - detergent build up!

(4 Posts)
SlowDown Tue 29-Jul-08 21:54:14

Help please, my cotton nappies are not smelling at all nice at the moment. The washing machine is leaving some soapy water behind at the end of the cycle. So just put a load on an extra rinse cycle and there is so much soap in the machine! The nappies can't possibly be rinsing at all with all those suds! What to do? Could it be a fault with my washing machine which is nearly 8 years old and has been washing nappies for 3 years??

fayeso Tue 29-Jul-08 22:00:37

I would think it is a fault with your washing machine-check the outlet pipe! just to make sure it is not clogged up.

I now and again have problems with really horrible smelling nappies and i am sure it is to do with my ds'wee rather than a soap build up as the problem always seems to sort itself out without trying all sorts of recommended options ie, tea tree, nappy soak etc etc etc

4andnotout Tue 29-Jul-08 22:04:12

I have had a bit of build up so have been putting white vinegar in the rince cycle and it does seem to work.

SlowDown Tue 29-Jul-08 22:10:12

Thank you! Have also done a search on here now and it does seem that soap build-up is a common problem. So guess I'll try and rinse them properly and try white vinegar. Should have listened to my mum - when she has dd, she just rinses the (wet) nappies rather than use any soap at all - she told me they had lots of soap in them...no wonder dd has nappy rash as well sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now