Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

New bed and potty training. All at once. How do I deal with this?

(3 Posts)
PavlovtheCat Tue 29-Jul-08 20:57:03

DD started potty training herself about 2 weeks ago, uses the potty in the day, mostly but still has pull-up pants, not quite mastered pooing yet, does this just after she has new pullups put on at bedtime!

At bedtime she goes to the potty and usually I am having to put back to front sleep suits on to stop her taking nappy off and spreading the content.

As it happens, coinciding this, thursday last week she decided it would be good to learn how to get out of her cot.

So today she is now in bed. I have run out of back to front sleep suits (i had been using pyjamas up til now) so put on a normal top and bottom pyjama set. Put potty next to bed, not expecting her to use it.

She has so far taken her trousers and 'big girl pants' off twice and she is not even asleep.

I know that usually potty training is meant to be done in isolation, and not when another major event is occuring, such as changing beds.

However, she has chosen to do both of these things, and seeing as they are started already, by her, I need to know how to manage them both, as am feeling a bit overwhelmed developmentally! I dont want to affect either her settling into a new bed or potty training negatively.

Advice is welcome. Please.
grin

QueenyEisGotTheBall Wed 30-Jul-08 01:32:16

hi pavlov i am in this exact situation with my DD (2.7yo) right down to the timescalegrin
she has decided she would rather be nappyless and refused to sleep in a 'baby' cot as she is apparantly a big girl nowgrin we have put her in a toddler bed and have just decided to let her potty train as she wantssmile theres not much you can do against the will of a stubborn toddlergrin
up to now we have had a lovely poo smear carpet incident and more than a few wee on the floor incidents but it is getting better day by daysmile
how old is your DD? good lucksmile
xx ei xx

PavlovtheCat Wed 30-Jul-08 14:50:30

quueny thanks for replying. DD is 2years 3 weeks old!

First night in the bed, went to sleep after taking nappy off four times, slept until 2am, took nappy off wanted breakfast!! Woke up at 7:30am played in bedroom for half hour and nappy was still on YEY!

However, nap, nappy off, refused to have it back on, refused to sleep. hmm.

Its going to take time I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now