Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Has anyone got one of those strange pacapod changing bags?

(22 Posts)
hopefully Tue 29-Jul-08 09:56:20

I am strangely drawn to the idea of one...

www.pacapod.com

PortAndLemon Tue 29-Jul-08 10:11:05

I'd rather have my own bag (in principle stylish and elegant, in practice not) and add "changing pod" and "feeding pod" analogues myself. So, for example, I have one of these changing thingies that goes in whatever bag I'm using. I imagine I could do much the same with a small cool-bag for feeding.

hopefully Tue 29-Jul-08 12:54:01

You're probably entirely right. I am such a gimmick sucker. I wanted someone to tell me it was amazing and indispensable!

MrsBadger Tue 29-Jul-08 13:09:22

ditto P&L, although my change thing is a posho skiphop one I was given as a present.

Anglepoise Tue 29-Jul-08 18:33:13

hopefully I can totally see why you're drawn to it - it really appeals to my inner geek! Mmmm compartments ...

Afraid I'm doing the same thing as the other ladies though - have a separate change mat that DH can use too (clicky) that I'll just stick in whatever bag - am thinking of treating myself to a new bag though!

charx Tue 29-Jul-08 18:34:26

I have a nice posh leather bag, but I have to say the skiphop one is fab for clipping onto buggies etc. I've used mine nearly every day for 2 years and my husband doesn't mind taking it out with him as its not too girly!

hopefully Wed 30-Jul-08 09:34:47

I shall have to ignore my inner geek then!

Argh, I have no idea what to get - there should only be one changing bag in the world, and then I wouldn't have to make a decision. All the ones that are sensible sizes seem to be revolting patterns, and the nice ones are either too small or about £150. Pants.

PortAndLemon Wed 30-Jul-08 09:58:05

I rather liked this one that someone linked to the other day, but not sure if it's too small for you.

NotQuiteCockney Wed 30-Jul-08 10:00:18

Um, the main page talks about "it's unique 3 in 1 bag system". <shudder>

MrsBadger Wed 30-Jul-08 10:17:42

don't buy a 'changing' bag - buy a lovely big handbag and one of those little change packs like P&L linked to

Anglepoise Wed 30-Jul-08 10:29:35

What kind of thing do you like? Mine (ordered last night!) is a "Bean bag" from here rather than a "proper" change bag (though she does do a diaper bag too).

Otherwise this was the only bag I could get remotely excited about, but yeah, bit pricey!

chipmonkey Wed 30-Jul-08 11:40:48

<<<<whispers>>>> The pacapod appeals to my inner geek too!
I also like Kapoochi bags because of the "unique diaper dispenser" though!-blush

hopefully Wed 30-Jul-08 11:51:27

I love that one Portandlemon, but it really needs to be a bit more unisex so DP will actually go out in public with it! Also love the 'bean bag' anglepoise, but again we have the lack of unisex-ness.

Really want a messenger bag shape, and a nice bright colour/print on the outside, preferebly bright red <loser emoticon>. Needs to be big enough for reusable nappies and paraphenalia, and potentially bottles, as am fairly phobic of the idea of BF in public (although am hoping to get over that!)

DP has declared he is prepared to carry a feminine patterned messenger bag, but not one that looks like a handbag! I was contemplating this but I think I might get bored of it and plain red would be better. Red leather would be my perfect thing, but only in messenger bag shape. I am so demanding.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears! well, eyes, since it's online...

MrsBadger Wed 30-Jul-08 12:13:20

Skiphop do a red messenger bag one

however

dh will never carry it whatever it looks like because if he goes out with dd without you he will stuff everything in the pushchair basket.

so buy yourself a gorgeous handbag

buy dh a manly messenger bag (primark have good plain canvas ones)

and buy the baby a folding change pad thing and a tiddly coldbag.

MrsBadger Wed 30-Jul-08 12:13:52

or the Dash looks messenger-ish and comes in red

TwoWashTutter Wed 30-Jul-08 12:19:48

don't do it

when i was pg with ds1 i spent a fortune on a storksac

i later ebayed it as it wasn't practical

you really don't need a changing bag - i have several of these that are strewn everywhere (in handbags, car, under buggies)

i admit i still use my skip hop though - that was £50 (or so) well spent as i've used it for the last 3+ years

TwoWashTutter Wed 30-Jul-08 12:21:32

skip hop

goes on all buggies (except p&ts, but nothing goes on them) and can be used by dads without blushes

hopefully Wed 30-Jul-08 12:39:29

There seems to be a vote of confidence in the Skip hop ones - maybe I'll go for that.

I like your thinking though mrsbadger, I think before I order anything I may have a stern sit down with DP and see whether he will ever actually use the bag - if he won't then I will get a nice handbag!

MrsBadger Wed 30-Jul-08 12:45:35

The time you need the big nappybag is when you are out for a whooole day and transferring from car to pushchair to someone's house etc and need not only nappies but spare clothes, toys and food.
Short trips to shops, park, Tesco etc you just stick a couple of nappies (or the aforementioned folding changer, hint hint) and a rattle under the pram.
Really short trips eg to pick up a takeaway where dd is in the sling need nothing at all - if she poos just go home.

How often will DH be out for a whole day with the baby without you?

FeelingDeviant Wed 30-Jul-08 12:54:20

We bought the SKipHopDash bag in red. Biggest waste of £56 for me, all because everyone told me I "needed" a nappy bag.
On the other hand, DH loves it and is now carrying it about as his going to work bag.

QueenBhannae Wed 30-Jul-08 14:27:21

I have this but it gets used for when im taking two out for the day and need compartments and space. Otherwise I shove place everything neatly under the pram or in a reusable shopper.
Dont buy it! Treat yourself to a nice bag instead smile

dreamca Wed 13-Aug-08 09:38:16

I had a SkipHop dash bag and was really disappointed. I am now the very proud owner of a PacaPod Sling bag. It may seem like a gimmick, but it is an incredibly well thought out, I am now on my 4th baby bag and will never need another. It makes me organised and I am never rummaging round for things anymore. I can also wear it when my little one is in a check chest sling or clips on the pram. The pods fit perfectly even in my Phil & Ted with two little ones in, no shoving necessary. I can't recommend it highly enough! It is a bag that finally works!! (grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now