Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

How do I stop terries leaking?

(6 Posts)
Neenztwinz Mon 28-Jul-08 13:45:10

Do you just have to change them more often or am I not putting them on right? I use the kite fold, and change them before each feed (every three hours), but I often get leaks of poo out of the leg. I have started chaning them every 90 mins now or thereabouts. Is that what is needed? Sometimes they are quite clean and dry after just 90 mins.

BigBadMousey Mon 28-Jul-08 14:55:03

You shouldn't have to change them that often.

Are you getting leaks onto the wrap or onto clothes too? You might need to change wraps to find something more 'bombproof' if you are getting leaks through onto clothes. If you are just getting leaks onto the wrap then you might need to try a different fold that suits your DCs shape better.

You have probably already seen this page but just in case index of terry folds here.

Don't be disheatened - it took me a while to stop mine leaking without the use of gaffer tape grin - but once you have found the right fold you should be fine.

needaholiday Mon 28-Jul-08 17:43:15

BBM is right, you shouldn't need to change as often as that, although if that is what you are comfortable with then carry on.
To stop a poo leak experiment with other folds, the bat fold and jo fold are quite popular. It is also a neat trick to roll the leg parts in so they make a sort of barrier, just not too thick so they don't get uncomfortable.
Keep trying, once you have the knack of terries it is quite rewarding to see other peoples faces when you say you use flats grin

Neenztwinz Mon 28-Jul-08 19:14:38

Thanks for your replies... I do like terries. I have some OneLife nappies too and they are easier to use but harder to dry.

It is just the wraps that are getting dirty not clothes. So I will try a different fold.

juuule Mon 28-Jul-08 23:15:39

Tuck the excess terry up around the legs.
Find a wrap that fits better.

Neenztwinz Tue 29-Jul-08 12:34:42

Tried the Jo fold... got poo out of both legs!!! Will persevere though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now