Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Night-time nappies - do you expect to change them in the night?

(5 Posts)
MrsPhas3 Mon 28-Jul-08 09:35:29

I have finally plucked up the courage to put ds in reusables during the night. I wake him at 10pm ish for a feed and put him in a fresh nappy then. He still feeds during the night (once maybe twice if I'm unlucky), out of the 6 nights he's been in reusables the nappy has been fine twice in the morning, leaked by morning twice, or I have changed him during the night twice. He's just over 4 months.

He's in either a terry nappy (origami fold - is their a more 'padded in willy region' fold that might be more absorbent?) or a prefold acting as a booster in a couple of kooshies basics, this arrangement provides 6 layers of nappy.

Do you change nappies during the night if they wake for a feed? Or do you expect the nappy to cope most of the time? If your nappies cope, what do you use?

Thank you.

MrsBadger Mon 28-Jul-08 09:41:37

Hmm - dd (11m) wears bumbles with a booster and a ME wrap so has [counts] 6 or 7 layers of nappy at the thickest point but.

It weighs a ton in thew morning but only leaks if dh puts the wrap on wonky there's a wicking problem.

She wakes at least twice a night for a feed but I haven's done night changes since she was a newborn (unless pooey, obv)

MrsPhas3 Mon 28-Jul-08 09:58:24

Thanks MrsBadger. We got our nappies for dd1 8 years ago, and am a liitle out of touch with things. Is ME Motherease? And what sort of booster is it?

BigBadMousey Mon 28-Jul-08 10:08:44

I don't change them at night unless I really have to.

I used Elllas House Bumhuggers coupled with a Motherease (ME) airflow wrap and find that to be very good for DS 8wo and DD2 2.3. We only get leaks if if I have put the wrap on worng but tbh the airflow is very easy to use.

MrsBadger Mon 28-Jul-08 10:12:04

yes, Motherease PUL wraps. I think we only have Rikkis (the velcro ones) in her size atm.

I boost with a variety of stuff I have kicking around - couple of hemp ones, couple of shaped terry pad things, and a bunch of what I think are Motherease 'liners' I got in a sale. Or old flannels in emergencies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now