Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Wonderoos v Bumgenius v3......

(24 Posts)
4andnotout Sun 27-Jul-08 19:54:38

So we are selling the fluffles which we use at night time to fund some btp for dd3 (10 months) and dd4 (due oct)
I have some v2 bumgenius which i love, dp finds them easy to stuff and use and we haven't had any leaks so far, but have seen wonderoo's are on 3 for 2 and loads of people rave about them but are they any good?
DD3 is roughly 16 lbs and quite petite but big at birth and the midwives thinks this will be another 8-9lber.
Thanks for any advice and reading my essay!

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Sun 27-Jul-08 20:10:19

I have found bumgenius consistent on my boy and have never had a leak, dh proof and nursery proof, wonderoos were a bit hit and miss at first but have been good for us since he has been bigger - i am currently using them a a night nappy as they have plenty of room for stuffing extras. smile.

I think i would lean towards the bumgenius if i had to pick one over another but my boy is turning into a velcro stripper so wonderoos are coming into there own now.

Now have you tried Greenkids as they are my fave out of all....Wash well, super abosrbant bamboo inserts....minkytyoes, funtypes and work horse types.... I could go on but i would bore you to death!

Not helpful - sorry!

4andnotout Sun 27-Jul-08 20:13:26

I havent tried greenkids, we have some blueberry one sizes but they are so expensive shock

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Sun 27-Jul-08 20:19:51

Yes they are - i sold mine on as got too distracted at nappy changes and wanted to stroke him lol! Mine got curly aplix tabs and that offended me on such an expensive nappy!

Anytimes GK are worth a shot as same price as BG but velcro not on show like bg (no offending curly aplix tabs) iyswim but then that makes for good handles for stripping (can you tell i have stripping issues at the moment!!).

Oh there are to many to choose from really!

4andnotout Sun 27-Jul-08 20:28:38

Have just googles greenkids, so do they adjust in rise or just fold over tabs iykwim?Lovely colours and the day ones look fab but then there is the confusion for dp grin do they come with inserts or buy them seperatley?
I love the blueberries and if we could afford it i would only put them in them but tbh the colours and feel of the fabric doesn't justify the price!

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Sun 27-Jul-08 20:35:00

You buy inserts seperate - the bamboo ones are the best and are like to joined pieces for easy drying. You fold the front down and they stay in place with the velcro like this

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Sun 27-Jul-08 20:35:44

that two joined pieces blush

4andnotout Sun 27-Jul-08 20:37:46

They do look easy to use...see now im going to need to try one of each wink

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Sun 27-Jul-08 20:51:42

sorry grin.

4andnotout Sun 27-Jul-08 20:56:00

Its so addictive i have probably spent enough to dispo a whole maternity ward grin Started in 2 parters, then to pockets then back now onto weenotions,bottombumpers,blueberry's oh it's such an expensive hobby! My friend actually lisfter dd3's dress yesterday to see if her bum co-ordinated with her dress...of course it did!!!

4andnotout Sun 27-Jul-08 20:56:16

lifted!!

BigBadMousey Sun 27-Jul-08 20:58:16

I've used Wonderoos on DS from about 5 weeks and DD2 from about 18 months. They are pretty good IMO but I don't like the fit on a newborn as it seems a little scruffy IYSWIM. That said, not tried BG so can't compare. They have the same popper system to adjust the rise and that is what I find awkward for DS. He is 8 weeks now and can wear them at full rise and that has been much better.

One thing I do prefer on the BG is the covered insert opening - the Wonderoo has a huge pocket (as nappyzone said) and that can mean a lot of PUL in direct contact with skin on your babies back which I personally don't like. Big pocket does mean that they are easy for DHs to stuff though.

Not had any leaks with the wonderoos yet - DS is chunky, DD tall and thin.

There is a photo of DS in a wonderoo on my profile atm if you want to see the fit on a young baby.

Leda Sun 27-Jul-08 21:01:22

I've got both, prefer Bumgenius. Find the stuffing a bit loose in Wonderoos (but they do come in nicer colours wink).

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Sun 27-Jul-08 21:01:53

awwwwwwwww so cute but bloomin heck that looks mahoosive!

4andnotout Sun 27-Jul-08 21:01:58

Oh your dc's are gorgeous!
The wonderoo's do look huge but he doesn't look a small baby, im guessing 8lbish at birth? DD3 was 8'11 and they think this one will be about the same. What are the flexitots like incidently?

WinkyWinkola Sun 27-Jul-08 21:03:52

Bum genius are brilliant.

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Sun 27-Jul-08 21:07:23

OOO i like the flexitot - my fave for a 2 parter apart from the easy peasy range i love - anyway i do like them alot but they are spoilt for me as not a stay dry liner and my boy likes dry bits - i could use a fleece liner i know but then i would always be hunting for liners! The otts wraps to go over them are a bit funky !

BigBadMousey Sun 27-Jul-08 21:22:16

Thanks grin.

Yep, he was a big boy (for me) 8lb 2 at birth - he was about 12lb when that photo was taken.

Flexitot was lovely and soft - very different to anything I'd felt before. Its very stretchy and soft, dries a bit quicker than a bamboozle but wasn't thin fitting enough for us - I want something really thin. It was pretty absorbant though and I think on a bigger baby it would be fab (and not so bulky) - I tried it with an airflow which didn't help with the bulk either.

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Sun 27-Jul-08 21:23:25

Yes i had mine on with a weenotions wrap and worked fine with them too - im just a sucker for a pattern!

4andnotout Sun 27-Jul-08 21:27:02

I would love to have a feel of one but there are no actual nappy shops around here (are there anywhere?) I think i'm just a napy salesmans dream i believe all the hype and clamour to try everything new as it comes out!

BigBadMousey Sun 27-Jul-08 21:30:12

me too! grin

Wish motherease would get a bit more inventive with theirs. I have a flourescent orange wonderoo which is cool - stands out well at baby clinic grin

BigBadMousey Sun 27-Jul-08 21:32:31

get back over to the for sale board then - a flexitot awaits!

accessorizequeen Sun 27-Jul-08 21:35:53

I have bg's and wonderoos, prefer the fit of the wonderoos on my boy but then he's a chunky monkey (got them when he was 6 months maybe?). bg's don't seem made to last, wonderoos seem indestructible. Agree about the opening, and the inserts do slide a bit (I have GAD and wonderfulls in hemp & microfibre) plus they're definitely bulkier on him. But then the bg have stopped fitting him now (at 18 months) and velcro looking a bit tatty. Both pretty good for containment, and I must say the poo does roll very nicely off a bg!

starkadder Mon 28-Jul-08 12:53:39

We have wonderoos and they're fine but every now and again,, when he grows up to the next setting, they leak for a day or two, which is a bit annoying. He is 17 weeks and quite long and thin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now