Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

anyone think it'd be wrong to use a couple of swim nappies through day til payday tues???

(32 Posts)
lucysmam Sun 27-Jul-08 11:06:18

as i'm literally on pennies until then for fresh milk in the morning and thats it until i get paid tues morning.
i'm a bit embarrassed to ask tbh but am desperate and no family close enough to walk to to borrow the cash for any more & dont know anyone in my street very well!
i know it sounds a bit daft but lo has almost outgrown them and will probably have outgrown them by next time i have spare cash to take her swimming anyways. do you think they'd be ok just for a day or 2 with proper nappies at night (got about 6 left!)

womblingalong Sun 27-Jul-08 11:08:18

it sounds fine to me, if you need to, don't fuss about it IMO

Flower3554 Sun 27-Jul-08 11:08:31

Do you have paypal?, I could sub you a few quid til paydaysmile

Flamesparrow Sun 27-Jul-08 11:09:10

they won't hold wee so you will need to put her in a dress

lucysmam Sun 27-Jul-08 11:12:05

thanks Flower but I'm on a really tight budget at the mo as oh just lost his job so would prob struggle to pay back. but thank you for the offer, it's very kind of you! xx

lucysmam Sun 27-Jul-08 11:18:18

oh, um, i'm stuck now flame! i assumed they were like normal disp nappies but for swimming in so they dont absorb water from pool

Flower3554 Sun 27-Jul-08 11:19:17

Just pay back when you can honestlysmile

lucysmam Sun 27-Jul-08 11:19:29

ept ive just contradicted myself there haven't i!!! obviously if they dont absorb from pool they wont absorb wee either

fymandbean Sun 27-Jul-08 11:21:48

they don't really hold the wee very well....

what about bare bottom - weathers warm enough...

lucysmam Sun 27-Jul-08 11:24:10

i can't flower really, i account for everything to the penny (not sure where i went wrong this time with nappies!!!) and we usually have nothing left at the end of it. but thank you really, thats one of the nicest things someone's done for me for a while

Flamesparrow Sun 27-Jul-08 11:26:57

How old is she? Bare bum for a couple of days?

lucysmam Sun 27-Jul-08 11:27:02

fym, she runs around quite a lot like that in this weather but we've been out to the park everyday while the weathers good as we only have concrete & its a fair walk there from here. suppose we could forego the trips to the park for a day or 2 & get quilt and cushions in back yard then can be washed

lucysmam Sun 27-Jul-08 11:29:14

bare bum i think it will be, she loves running around that way anyways n hates nappy changes so will save me the hassle for a day or 2

llareggub Sun 27-Jul-08 11:30:48

What size do you use? Only DH bought the wrong size the other day, used one or two, so he can't take them back. If you use a size 5 I can send some to you.

lucysmam Sun 27-Jul-08 11:36:12

llaregrub, they are size 5 yeah but its only til tuesday (probably when they'd get here!) when I'll be straight over to my local co-op for some more rather than waiting for shopping day on friday!

i cant believe i misjudged by 4 days worth of nappies!!!! thats very very bad really when i sit for hours working out what we can and cant have through the week!

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Sun 27-Jul-08 12:35:54

do you have a childrens surestart centre nearby as you could visit and ermm pop to there nappy changing area and borrow a few to return of course....

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Sun 27-Jul-08 12:39:37

lol nappyzone was just about to suggest a trip to asda or tesco as all their chnage rooms provide complimenatry nappies and babywipes grin

clayre Sun 27-Jul-08 12:40:41

are you not near a supermarket, our tesco sometimes has nappies in the baby changing room, and asda gives them out from the customer services desk althou you'd only get one

clayre Sun 27-Jul-08 12:41:32

great minds grin

AnyFuleKno Sun 27-Jul-08 13:06:08

boots usually have free ones too - will fetch you some if they're not in the changing room

AnyFuleKno Sun 27-Jul-08 13:07:12

whoops i meant they will fetch you some if there aren't any in the changing room

goingslowlymad Sun 27-Jul-08 13:08:08

It's a shame you don't live here, I'd have happily given you a pack. Are you still in Doncaster? Maybe there is a MNer local to you who could help?

dylsmum1998 Sun 27-Jul-08 13:12:13

do you have an advantage card for boots, do you have enough money in points to get some that way?

scrappydappydoo Sun 27-Jul-08 13:16:28

Could you make your own resusables with towels or muslins and a safety pin??

ilovemydog Sun 27-Jul-08 13:26:14

This is really cheeky, but it may get you a couple. Supermarkets tend to have nappies in the child changing area. Could you go and buy something (anything!) and ask for a nappy?

Also, Mothercare has free ones. I would ask if you could take a couple - that you've been caught out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now