Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help -Nippas not nippering!

(5 Posts)
LavenderMist Fri 25-Jul-08 11:16:50

My Nappy Nippas work beautifully on cotton terries and Bumbles, but are hopeless on bamboo (Bambinex and Bambeasy). Every time I remove the wrap the Nippa has come off. One of these days it's going to dig in and hurt ds. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there anything I can do about it? I don't think I could get a safety pin through the layers of a Bambeasy.

needaholiday Fri 25-Jul-08 16:24:21

you could try refluffing the loops with a rough towel, and shake the nappies when wet before hanging them to dry (or before tumbling).

Flibbertyjibbet Fri 25-Jul-08 16:39:10

I found that different types of nappy are better or worse for nippas nippa-ing. The nippa hooks have to grip into the loops in towelling. If the towelling is too dense or too short length of the loops then it just doesn't work.
I found out the hard way and several times opened a nappy to find a nippa digging into my lo's belly - or once his willy shock

needaholiday Fri 25-Jul-08 18:32:23

shock ouch, I'll bet that smarted.

LavenderMist Fri 25-Jul-08 21:06:56

Thanks for the tips- will persevere!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now