Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

M/L Motherease Airflow -worth it?

(8 Posts)
LavenderMist Fri 25-Jul-08 09:09:54

Hello,
DS is on the last popper of his medium Airflows, so it's nearly time to get some more. I see that the M/L size is recommended for long and slim babies, but you can miss them out and go straight for the L. DS is fairly long and skinny (75th-ish for height, 25th-ish for weight).
Would it be worth getting some M/L and then L later on, or should I just go straight for L?
Thanks.

misdee Fri 25-Jul-08 09:12:05

dd3 actually stayed in M/L for ages, but she was skinny, the large were just too gappy round the legs.

could you order just one of each for now and see what fits better.

LavenderMist Fri 25-Jul-08 11:13:50

Excellent idea, thanks Misdee. We hope to use them on a second one so the extra cost shouldn't be too much per use anyway.

tutu100 Fri 25-Jul-08 21:46:18

My ds had m/l airflows as they fitted better for quite a long time and he was quite chubby at the time. I did order 1 large though which we used over his boosted night nappies.

accessorizequeen Fri 25-Jul-08 22:17:03

same as tutu and misdee, but ds2 total body opposite - they were a good buy as a good fit for a long time.

CarGirl Fri 25-Jul-08 22:18:44

My youngest dd never grew out of the M/L size because she had slim thighs! She was wearing bambinex/wambamboo which are a trim nappy and she never got the the last popper on either the waist or the legs, so def worth it.

Flibbertyjibbet Fri 25-Jul-08 22:35:28

My ds1 is the tallest skinniest child I have yet come across.
A nappy seller advised me to get M/L even though I said I had just had another boy who was chunkier. DS1 was in the m/l for only a short time, we needed the large ones at nighttimes to cover his nappies. Ds2 went straight into large.
For a tallish but skinny boy I'd say go straight to large, but a shorter slim child would be ok with the m/l as the large are also longer in the rise.

(and then I had to buy EXTRA LARGE later on... oh the perils and expense of having large-for-age boys...)

CarGirl Fri 25-Jul-08 22:38:04

Yes my other 2 in cloth both needed the Extra Large!!! The other option is to by popolini popper wraps in large as they are slightly smaller then the motherease ones and a bit cheaper and IME just as reliable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now