Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

potty for me, not for nursery!

(4 Posts)
Baba Tue 08-Feb-05 12:19:47

Can anyone help - my son who is nearly 3, wears his Bob Builder underpants in the house and uses the potty for a wee/poo and also will use the toilet if he is upstairs.

However, at nursery, they take them all to the potty at certain times and sit him down on it and he won't do anything and just does it in his pants.

I don't know how to get him to do what he does for me whilst he is there, short of him not wearing trousers!!! any tips?

WigWamBam Wed 09-Feb-05 17:15:47

Does the nursery allow them to use the potty when they want to, or can they only go when they're taken? Or does he think he can only go when he's taken?

Baba Thu 10-Feb-05 13:01:58

no the nursery girls take them all to the toilet/potty at the same time. my ds has only been used to going when HE wants to so is finding this difficult!

WigWamBam Thu 10-Feb-05 18:24:42

In which case, the nursery is out of order. IMO children must be allowed to use the potty/toilet whenever they need to, not when others think they should. At my dd's nursery, they are all taken to the toilet after their juice, but are free to use the toilets any other time. Can you explain the problem to the nursery manager, and ask if they can allow him to use the toilet when he needs it? When you've got to go, you've got to go - how can they expect him to stay dry otherwise?

To be honest, I would change nurseries to one where the child comes first, not the nursery staff, but that's just me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now