Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Mumsnetters need your words of wisdom - currently potty training and trip to theatre coming up.....

(13 Posts)
Thomcat Wed 23-Jul-08 20:45:03

Ok - so she's 2.5.

Started on Sunday and we didn't get 1 wee in teh potty.
Monday we got 1 wee in the potty.
Tuesday - all wees in potty
Wednesday - all wees in potty but poo in her knickers.

I have to keep tellling her to sit on potty when I think it might be about that time and so far it's worked.
Once yesterday and 3 times today she went in potty without being asked abd told me afterwards.

2 things -

1) - She is going to childminder tomorrow where potty training will continue. But the car journey ther at about 9am and is 10 minute drive - pull up or sit her on a towel?

2) Saturday - we are going to see Charlie & Lola show. How do I deal with that one? Take lots of spare knickers, change of clothes and an emergency pull up or not? What do I sit her on in theatre and also if she does go to grown up ladies loo - how would you manage it?

TIA, xx

ruddynorah Wed 23-Jul-08 20:51:30

1) sit her on a towel.

2) sit her on a towel.

it helps if she's in a skirt which you can hitch up a bit. then if any accidents you only need to change knickers not skirt/trousers.

by saturday you'll know better how often she wees anyway.

Thomcat Wed 23-Jul-08 20:55:16

ok, and thanks v much

CantSleepWontSleep Wed 23-Jul-08 20:57:30

Buy a potette (portable potty) from Mothercare and take that to theatre with you. DD used hers for the first time today (also 2.5, and started training on Friday) and it was v handy and easy!

Ask her if she needs toilet just before going to cm tomorrow, and if she doesn't go then sit her on towel or disposable change mat.

Wouldn't use pull ups as it will just be confusing for her.

ExterminAitch Wed 23-Jul-08 20:57:45

you know those little disposable nappy changing mats for babies, i stuck one in the car seat and would consider doing the same at cbeebies. too confusing to go back to pull-ups i think.

agree, skirts and short socks, not trousers for the event. the best change i find is a pair of those little cotton pedal pusher things, take up no room at all. and remember wipes.

for the grown-up loo, i've used the disabled one in the past as it's easier to hold onto them if the room is bigger. although dd quickly learned that having her arms on the seat was actually easier than clinging onto my legs. you just have to wash their hands well and not think about what they're touching. plus, dd loves the little sinks etc and found that all very grown up and encouraging.

i bet it'll be the breakthrough, teecee, good luck.

Thomcat Wed 23-Jul-08 21:11:57

Thanks so much smile

elmoandella Wed 23-Jul-08 21:22:45

you also get things called buppy pads , or the alternative is a wetec seat protector. can be used from car seat, prams to high chair. i took mine to cinema recently

CalmCalmCalm Wed 23-Jul-08 22:38:54

You can also use disposable mattress protectors as a seat protector. I haven't personally, but a couple of my friends swear by them.

milkybarsrus Wed 23-Jul-08 23:09:49

I'd use the disposable mattress protectors , they are over £4.00 for 7, so what i do is cut them into 4! use them for buggy, car seat putting under the potty to catch spillages, they're brill. I would also take them to freinds houses so that if they were sitting on sofa etc, its not too much of a problem wink.

bluenosesaint Wed 23-Jul-08 23:13:21

Despite being reluctant to do so, I did use pull-ups for occasions such as these.

Fortunately it didn't cause confusion and my dd's didn't wee in their pull-ups (possibly because these occasions where few and far between!) and we went straight back to pants the day after.

bluenosesaint Wed 23-Jul-08 23:15:16

were not where blush

Oh and to clarify, i was referring to the trip to see Charlie and Lola (which i am very envy about btw, lol)

PortAndLemon Wed 23-Jul-08 23:19:28

1. Sit her on a towel/mattress protector pad (and consider a proper seat protector pad)
2. Sit her on a towel/mattress protector pad (and consider a potette in case you get to ladies' and they are all occupied or she objects to being hovered over full size loo). Have changes of clothes.

ExterminAitch Thu 24-Jul-08 00:08:54

if you get the mattress protectors, you might have to tape up the sides.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now