Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

desperate times call for desperate measures!

(6 Posts)
hairtwiddler Wed 23-Jul-08 17:44:31

DD hasn't had a poo since Sunday. She's currently sat on the potty with a bowl of cereal, watching a dvd.
I'm hoping the distraction from the issue at hand (plus eating something) will do the job.
The things I do! Have also loaded her with fruit and tried to get her to drink (not easy).
How long should I leave it before trip to doc? Going away for weekend tomorrow so really hoping for some movement soon!

needaholiday Wed 23-Jul-08 19:12:18

that is only 4 days though, some people / babies don't go more than once or twice a week. Sorry for the nosy question but what is usually normal and has she had a change in her diet?

hairtwiddler Wed 23-Jul-08 19:40:23

Usually once a day girl!
Had a bug on monday, so less food than usual, yes. System probably upset.
Recently potty trained, and tending to hold it in. This is the longest she's managed! Still nothing before bedtime.

needaholiday Wed 23-Jul-08 20:37:23

aww, maybe you'll be spending a lot of trip time in services. Have a good weekend.

rachelinscotland Wed 23-Jul-08 20:40:04

aww poor thing. I know my 2.5yo daughter has got quite constipated when we've attempted potty training at various times. Still don't have her potty trained yet, but I know she's held in her poos several times when we were trying to get her to use the potty. I think it has something to do with the fact that she's used to standing up wearing a nappy to do it and just couldn't relax enough sitting down. Just hope we manage the potty thing sometime soon, tho not even trying at the moment.

hairtwiddler Wed 23-Jul-08 20:43:19

Thanks. She's pretty much trained, with a few poo in pants incidents, but completely dry (and mostly at night now too). She does get all anxious about having a poo though, and needs lots of stories or distraction to get her through it. Very stressful for everyone! Will fill her full of pears tomorrow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now