Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

uk made btp alternatives to bumgenius?

(7 Posts)
mummypig Tue 22-Jul-08 21:43:27

I have one bumgenius v3 which I am pretty happy with, although ds3 is only 3 weeks old so I can hardly test the birth to potty feature! I'm thinking of buying about 10 and making them the main nappies I use. (Thanks to those of you who answered my queries about them a couple of months ago before ds3 was born.) But I feel it's a shame that they are US made and not UK made.

I did try Nature Babies pocket nappies a while ago (with ds1) and wasn't impressed but they may have improved hugely since then - can anyone comment on this?

And am I right in assuming that none of the Blueberrys, Swaddlebees and Wonderoos are from the UK?

BigBadMousey Tue 22-Jul-08 22:07:36

Wonderoos are now made by Hip Hip Baby who are located in Wales.

They are more likely to fit up to potty training than BG IMO.

clueless1976 Wed 23-Jul-08 18:00:12

Wee Notions also now do a btp pocket, you can choose from a huge range of outers/embroidery and can also choose from popper or velcro-type fastening.

I haven't used them so can't comment on performance, and Wee Notions do tend to be quite expensive but might be worth a look? (They're made in S Yorkshire)

needaholiday Wed 23-Jul-08 20:35:22

the wee notions BTPs are brilliant, beautifully made and suitably adjustable. Plus UK made, plus fab people to deal with.

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Wed 23-Jul-08 20:37:11

Wee notions are made in doncaster and are lovely - wonderoos are on 3 for 2 at my gaff....smile

LackaDAISYcal Wed 23-Jul-08 20:40:40

the new Modern baby pop-ins are quite good, nice and absorbant, but they would give a very lean fit on a big toddler.

mummypig Wed 23-Jul-08 22:23:33

lots of options for me to investigate, thanks very much everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now