Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Ok, DS is in pants - yikes - but what about his nap? Do I put him back in a nappy?

(6 Posts)
Holymoly321 Tue 22-Jul-08 13:49:33

DS is 2.10 and we've put him in pants to get potty training going. He has done the odd wee and poo in the potty but also has done these in his pants. We went out to playgroup today, and despite having juice and being taken to the potty a number of times (when he yelled 'I don't want to go potty') and refusing to do either, he then wet himself and I had to change his clothes. Anyway, I know he'll still be in a nappy at night for a long time to come, but what about his lunchtime nap - should I risk it and leave the pants on or put a nappy on for it?

onepieceoflollipop Tue 22-Jul-08 13:51:09

I personally would keep nappy on and just monitor the situation for a week or two. If he is dry at naptime then you will have your answer.

If you do decide to put him down for a nap in pants, then perhaps use a waterproof bottom sheet under the normal sheet. I got one from Mothercare. You will probably have to buy one eventually anyway for night times.

Holymoly321 Tue 22-Jul-08 13:53:28

will he not get confused about having pants on one minute and a nappy the next?

fishie Tue 22-Jul-08 13:55:56

no nappy in day. put him on a care mat thingy or rubber shhet. ditto for car seat.

bubblagirl Tue 22-Jul-08 13:56:52

my ds is potty training and i do put nappy on for naps as he still has one for a night

i'll tackle the day first then sleep times as soon as he gets up nappy comes straight off

onepieceoflollipop Tue 22-Jul-08 14:23:10

You asked if he will get confused.

It depends whether you go with the plan "pants for daytime and nappies at night"

OR "pants when awake and nappies when asleep"

We did the second and it worked for us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now