Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Anyone use swim nappies as pull ups?!

(10 Posts)
strawberriesandcream01 Mon 21-Jul-08 20:06:50

Strange question I know! Potty training my DD at the mo and have been given loads of swim nappies (huggies), I will never use them! I put one on as a pull up today and it seemed to work well, she also did a wee in it and it seemed to absorb it. Has anyone else thought of doing this?

BigBadMousey Mon 21-Jul-08 20:29:16

I thought they were even more expensive than the (already extortionate) normal pull ups so probably most people wouldn't have tried it much. Hope it works for you though!

marvelmummy Mon 21-Jul-08 22:23:05

I don't see how they could be absorbant for wee otherwise they would absorb water and swell up in swimming pools like normal pull ups.
If somehow it works then it works but I don't think anyone would use them instead of pull ups unless they were given them, beacause they cost twice as much!

You say you'll never use the swim nappies - why not? In my experience in U.K. swimming pools there are rules saying that all under 3s must wear a swim nappy even if they are toilet trained.

BigBadMousey Mon 21-Jul-08 22:31:57

Neither of our 'local' pools have that rule.

tortoiseSHELL Mon 21-Jul-08 22:32:56

They don't absorb the wee - maybe 1, but we've had the misfortune of putting one on by mistake, and they instantly flooded!

Washersaurus Mon 21-Jul-08 22:37:21

I think it depends on which types of swim nappy you are using. I have some which would absorb wee and some which would only be good for containing a poo. If you have them spare there is no harm in trying them I suppose....but, you could also sell them on and buy lots of cheap pants!

Fizzylemonade Tue 22-Jul-08 11:16:21

We have little swimmers with nemo on and the like I don't know who makes them but I thought they were just there to contain poo not absorb wee.

<Fizzy waves at Strawberriesandcream01>

As DS1 was at nursery when he potty trained we were told to avoid pull ups as they can cause confusion. It was a "be brave, put them in pants and keep them in pants"

When he wore pull ups when we went out he never told me he needed a wee just used them like a nappy.

I braved it from then on and just took extra things with me and he wore pants. Success.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Tue 22-Jul-08 11:19:39

dont do it if it seemed to have absorbed the wee it was only a tiny wee! a relative once took my dd swimming and forgot to take a spare nappy for after swimming so put on one of her spare swim nappies!! her trousers were soaked and so was the sofa of the villa we were staying in after we forgot that swim nappy was still on!!

Washersaurus Tue 22-Jul-08 22:07:26

I have these Kushies ones which are only good for poo catching, and these Floaties Aqua nappies which may be usable in place of pants, they would hold barely anything, but might protect against little dribbles before getting to the potty/toilet on time?

Washersaurus Tue 22-Jul-08 22:08:37

I should say that I have never tried the disposable ones grin - just posting in case anyone else considering trying this out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now