Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

My ds 2.5 has started to wee standing up to potty...should i encourage??

(6 Posts)
HouseFullofCherubs Mon 21-Jul-08 18:24:21

He has only just got the concept of using the potty and is now trying to pee standing up..
I am worried that he will use his willy to spray wee everywhere... anyone else had this issue?

elmoandella Mon 21-Jul-08 21:03:37

yup.

i discouraged. all the men in my family pee sitting down when in the home.

dh does the same.

they all stand up in other peoples house

but for the sake of mess. peeing must be done sitting down.

its hard enough for him to hit target when sitting down.

ChasingSquirrels Mon 21-Jul-08 21:08:09

I encourged ds1 to pee standing up as early as possible - makes it alot easier at the park . NOT in the potty though, at the toilet.

elmoandella Mon 21-Jul-08 21:12:06

we still pee standing up outside. sometimes he like to be held at a squat. depends wether or not he wants his bum out.

Nemoandthefishes Mon 21-Jul-08 21:16:28

Ds started from 2 days in standing up to pee and never had any problems and he was 2.2yrs. On the other hand DD1 was just 2 and has more spillage due to not sitting on properly..lol

TheOriginalXENA Mon 21-Jul-08 21:37:53

I think encourage it DS2 quickly went from the potty (not standing at the potty) to toilet to being able to take himself to the toilet to do a wee... very handy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now