Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

<puts head in hands> out of the 7 wees DS has had today only ONE has been in the loo. The other 6 on the floor...

(10 Posts)
moodlumthehoodlum Mon 21-Jul-08 17:43:31

What am I to do?

He's a clever boy, but he is completely resistant to doing this. I thought leaving it late might mean it only took a few days. But we're weeks into this now - what bit does he not get?

Boys. They are much trickier than girls.

This is no fun.

unfitmother Mon 21-Jul-08 17:44:31

One in the loo - well done!!! grin

moodlumthehoodlum Mon 21-Jul-08 17:46:32

Am i being mean? grin

WigWamBam Mon 21-Jul-08 17:47:21

He's not ready. Leave him for a little while then try again.

How old is he? Children are often not ready until close to 3 - boys and girls.

moodlumthehoodlum Mon 21-Jul-08 17:48:43

He was three last saturday. He literally stands and wees wherever the urge takes him. Even if that's in the dr's waiting room this morning blush

andiem Mon 21-Jul-08 17:48:49

I would say stop now before it gets worse and try agin again a month or so how old is he?

WigWamBam Mon 21-Jul-08 18:01:56

Even if he is physically able to control his bladder, he needs to be mentally ready as well - and he's not ready for some reason.

Don't pressurise him - that will make matters worse. I'd put him back into nappies, but would tell him that now he's getting bigger he will soon want to use the toilet for a wee, and he can do that any time he wants to. See if he responds once the decision is his, not yours.

You can always try again in a month or two; it might make all the difference.

Does he have a potty, or are you taking him straight to the toilet? He might prefer one over the other, and again you can leave that choice up to him.

moodlumthehoodlum Mon 21-Jul-08 18:09:35

RIghtly or wrongly, we've opted to go straight to the loo (he found dd's potty deposits too enticing for us to think that the potty was a good idea for him). I think he's comfortable with the loo idea, its just the trigger in his mind (be it physical or mental) that he seems to lack.

He's got to be dry by the first week of September for its off to nursery he goes, dry and sparkling. Still I s'pose that is six weeks away so perhaps I should give up for a while and then try again in a month.

Thanks wise mners.

keevamum Mon 21-Jul-08 18:47:42

We've had 4 on the floor today and 1 in the potty. I really thought we were gettibg there. Now am feelinbg very frustrated and I am having to watch myself that I am not showing this to my daughter, her last one was inches from the toilet but she had no intention of getting on it.

flamingtoaster Mon 21-Jul-08 18:50:16

I agree he is not ready. Leave it for a while. I gave my DD and DS the choice of nappies or pants once every couple of weeks at that age. When they finally chose pants they only had one accident each. Save yourself the work!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now