Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Washable wipes - which type is best?

(9 Posts)
Squarah Mon 21-Jul-08 16:12:12

I was planning to get some which are squares with fleece on one side, cotton on the other or the alternative is an entirely cotton, larger one which seems lovely and soft but very thin and I'm a bit worried about it soaking through and stains.

Thanks for your tips etc.

redclover79 Mon 21-Jul-08 16:38:39

another thread here hth!

Squarah Mon 21-Jul-08 22:12:19

Thanks! I've already got the cotton ones but wasn't sure if they were absorbant enough/ too absorbant so that's why I wanted to ask if people prefer the 2 sided ones?

(due this week so not planning to road-test first!)

great tips on other household items to use as well 'though in that other link.

IdrisTheDragon Mon 21-Jul-08 22:13:21

I used fleece wipes and found them great. Still use some even though there are no nappy wearers left in this house smile

HolidaysQueen Tue 22-Jul-08 10:12:01

I made some wipes using an old terry dressing gown and can definitely recommend terry - it is great at mopping up poo rather than just smearing it around. Even my DH who just wanted to use disposable wipes because he couldn't bear the thought of 'pooey rags' lying around (!) thinks they are great. I think fleece is better than disposables wipes but I still find it smears poo all around a bit more than terry.

HolidaysQueen Tue 22-Jul-08 10:13:00

Oh and poo stains on anything disappear if you hang them to dry in the sun - so if you are able to dry outside then I wouldn't worry about whether one wipe will stain more than another

noolia Tue 22-Jul-08 14:24:47

I find that fleece is a bit smeary but cotton ones are great.

4andnotout Tue 22-Jul-08 14:28:15

My mum cut 1/2 m of fleece into literally hundreds of wipes for me and it costed less than £3!

MrsBadger Tue 22-Jul-08 14:39:42

as detailed on the other thread, I used old flannels with great success

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now