Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Which potty do you use ??

(18 Posts)
HouseFullofCherubs Mon 21-Jul-08 12:45:08

I have a mothercare seat style potty but find that as I have ds that wee goes over the splash guard thing at front...anyone else have this problem?

HouseFullofCherubs Tue 22-Jul-08 20:13:51

Anyone?? Am thinking of buying Baby Bjorn Seat....

cmotdibbler Tue 22-Jul-08 20:19:12

I have a cheap Tesco one - DS knows to tuck his willy in, so its ok

katiepotatie Tue 22-Jul-08 20:23:28

Mothercare one was no good for my wee one she found it incredibly uncomfortable.
She happily sits on the baby bjorn though, book in hand, just like her dad grin

maisiestar Tue 22-Jul-08 20:25:34

Mine too KatiePotatie - he never took to his first one which i think was a mothercare one.
But he loves the Baby Bjorn one and sits there reading books like an old man

Tutter Tue 22-Jul-08 20:27:09

ds1 rejected mothercare bog standard one (sorry for pun)

loved the baby bjorn one

fishie Tue 22-Jul-08 20:29:32

pound shop one was favourite here.

EachPeachPearMum Tue 22-Jul-08 20:40:13

I have a dd, but the baby bjorn toilet seat is really comfortable for her... at first she refused her potty (cheap tesco one) because it hurt her skinny little legs.
The baby bjorn potty looks pretty comfy I'd say!

onepieceoflollipop Tue 22-Jul-08 20:41:50

Wilkinsons, 79p approx. (no difference in quality that I could see to the Mothercare one we had previously spent £6 on)

We quickly graduated to the main loo so perhaps the Wilko's one would have disintegrated in the long term? grin

Tangle Tue 22-Jul-08 22:58:14

DD seems to think these are pretty comfy - another one that will happily sit and read.
At £2 a pop might be worth a try before the baby bjorn...

needaholiday Wed 23-Jul-08 07:36:48

babybjorn one here, with the removable bucket. Has seen 2 boys and 4 girls through grin

strawberriesandcream01 Wed 23-Jul-08 21:40:47

I saw the baby bjorn one and it looked lovely. I have 2 different mamas and papas ones. One is a duck which you take the head off and the other is a mamas and papas ergo pot but I agree she is quite skinny and sometimes hurts her bum!

HouseFullofCherubs Wed 23-Jul-08 22:31:48

Thanks for your comments, I have found it very frustating that he is using the poty like a dream and trying to tuck his willy down only to find the wee spilling each side of the splash guard - over legs (and pants).
I know the Baby Bjorn one is expensive as potties go, but as he is very tall for age he cannot use the squat style, although Tangle, I agree that the ones in your link look comfy and a much better price wink.
I am hoping the bb one will contain the wee a litle better

spongecake Thu 24-Jul-08 21:37:01

this thread is really helpful! I have looked at baby bjorn one, but which one -is it the chair one for about £17? there seem so many on the various websites! if anyone can help that would be great, thx...

glamourbadger Thu 24-Jul-08 21:53:04

It's interesting with twins - I have a posh Baby Bjorn potty and a crappy (sorry) £2 job from Sainsburys. They both head straight for the cheap one! It gets at least twice as many wees grin

HouseFullofCherubs Thu 24-Jul-08 23:18:25

I am thinking of the chair version - have seen it on Amazon for about £13.00 I like the splash guard on the 'anti splash' version with 'feet' as this is the problem that I have but I don't think ds would sit on it having been used to the mothercare seat style one - do not want to jinx the good work by confusing the issue!!

GB - interesting point with your twins - I may get dd to use my cheap boots one - that may convince ds to try it!! wink

IdrisTheDragon Thu 24-Jul-08 23:25:30

Have used a 99p from Morrisons with firstly DS and then DD. DS soon learned to poke his willy in smile

needaholiday Fri 25-Jul-08 08:05:40

grin I guess after spraying themselves they soon learn. The problem one of our DDs had was that she stuck her legs together when on the toilet and sort of made a wee pool on top of them grin she soon learned how to get it in the toilet but prefers the baby bjorn seat as it does it for her lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now