Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

how can i stop ds doing this at night apart from using gaffa tape!

(8 Posts)
AwayWithTheFaries Mon 21-Jul-08 10:28:41

ds is 3 is dry during the day and still in a nappy at night but quite a few times over the last few weeks he has woken up at xoclock in the night for me to discover he has pulled his willy out the top of the nappy and him and the bed are sodden! iv tried putting the nappy on as tight as i can and tucking his pj top into the bottoms but that dosnt really help and ideas before i get out the gaffa tape?!

lou031205 Mon 21-Jul-08 10:31:26

What's wrong with gaffa tape?

You could just offer him the chance to try and be dry at night as an alternative.

MrsMacaroon Mon 21-Jul-08 10:32:08

maybe go without nappy and take him from bed to toilet for pee around time you go to bed...sounds like he might be ready.

mishymoo Mon 21-Jul-08 10:38:21

I would take nappy away at night! It sounds like he might be ready! Do as MrsMacaroon says and take him to the toilet although my DS would never do this so we bought those disposable bed mats in case he did have an accident. Make a big fuss about him being a big boy and not needing a nappy, etc. Good luck!

AwayWithTheFaries Mon 21-Jul-08 11:10:03

i would try to get him dry at night but i dont think hes ready his nappy is soaked ever morning

MrsMacaroon Mon 21-Jul-08 11:29:46

only way to find out is to try it...maybe get a liner for the mattress?

MrsMacaroon Mon 21-Jul-08 11:32:08

ah, i see that mishy has already suggested that...

marvelmummy Tue 22-Jul-08 08:18:03

This may be a sign that he is waking up and trying to get to the toilet in which case you could try pull ups, if he is trying to get to the loo then this will make it easier for him.

If he does become dry make it a celebration but don't keep on about the fact that he is a big boy and no longer has to wear babyish nappies because if he does start wetting again he will remember you telling him how nappies are for babies, and for him going back to them may make him feel like a baby even if he didn't before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now