Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

First day of potty training and we didn't get one in the potty

(5 Posts)
Thomcat Sun 20-Jul-08 19:54:10

She's 2.6.
She wore little knickers all day and I kept asking if she wanted to sit on the potty and she's say 'no thanks', then the next thing I knew she'd say 'I done a wee, I done a wee' all happy and had done it in her knickers. She was then more than happy to sit on the potty.

Pretty normal for a first timer?????

nobodysfool Sun 20-Jul-08 20:00:42

Totally normal.
Stick with it she will get there.
May be worth trying a star chart or some other incentive-smartie/raisin for every wee attempted on the potty.
Good luck.

LittleMissTickles Sun 20-Jul-08 20:04:24

Sounds absolutely normal to me. FWIW, my DD2 (2.5) still never answers 'yes' when I ask whether she needs the potty. I just take her and tell her a story while she sits there, and she always does one. Two hours later (early days it used to be every 1.5 hours) repeat.

cluckyagain Sun 20-Jul-08 20:06:06

Normal - don't panic. If no productions in potty after 3 days though, stop and try again in 3 months.

Thomcat Sun 20-Jul-08 20:19:10

I've planned to stay in till Thursday when she goes to the childminder for the day so we'll see how it goes.

I did sit her on the potty quite a bit but we still didn't get a wee in there. will try putting her on every 30 mins tomorrow and not asking her if she wants to use it.

Thanks smile

All good fun & games aye.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now