Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

should I carry on with nursery's routine until we try potty training?

(9 Posts)
olivo Fri 18-Jul-08 20:35:02

DD has been showing an interest in the loo for the last few weeks and most mornings does a poo in the loo. nursery put her on the loo at nappy change each time and about once a day she does a wee there. she has now finished nursery for the summer; we are contemplating going for knickers in about a month ,as we are away in couple of weeks. should i try and maintain the loo routine till then? or just wait then go for it when I think its time to try knickers?

cmotdibbler Fri 18-Jul-08 20:42:00

I'd def keep going with it - why not leave her nappy off round the house/in the garden for a few hours a day too (with the potty close) so that you transition more into the knicker wearing

funnypeculiar Fri 18-Jul-08 20:49:48

Agree withcmotdibbler - if she used to it, & it's helping her, defn worth continuing. Not really any point going backwards and stopping is there?

olivo Fri 18-Jul-08 20:50:55

I wondered about that too .we are vaguely at home for the first couple of weeks then going away. if the weather is nice, we'll be either in the garden or on the each so could have the potty close but accidents would be less bother too. I'm hoping when she sees her 'big cousin' (3yo!) on the loo while we're away, she'll be more inspired!

olivo Fri 18-Jul-08 20:52:16

you're right FP, it'd be a step back. do i do it even when we're out do you think, to make it a totally regular thing?

funnypeculiar Fri 18-Jul-08 20:55:00

I wouldn't worry too much when you're out - if it's convenient and there's a loo there, then go for it, but I wouldn't hike to a loo for the sake of it (assuming like me that you do at least some nappy changes al fresco smile)

I'm all excited because dd (who will occasionally ask for the loo, but rarely produce) asked for it today at nappy change time (when out at a garden centre) and produced a poo & a wee. Big girl pant shopping next week for us!

cmotdibbler Fri 18-Jul-08 20:56:25

When we were out in the pre actual potty training stage, I just took Ds to the loo with me whenever I was going and sat him on the loo - the more opportunities to use it the better

olivo Fri 18-Jul-08 20:58:42

well done your dd! my dd is like that sometimes too, think she just likes the books we keep in the loo! i can't wait to do big girl knickers shopping; i guess peppa pig will be the choice!
no, you're right, we're often outdoors but when we're out at friends, I'll try to get her to use the loo too.
good luck FP!

olivo Fri 18-Jul-08 20:59:31

dibbler, good idea too; she loves copying me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now