Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

reusable nappies for toddler - until potty training works!

(11 Posts)
ilovemydog Fri 18-Jul-08 15:24:11

DD (just turned 2) had an episode with washing machine at 90 degrees and a pack of crayons. They melted into nappies, and despite my best efforts had to chuck them away sad

She has 2 left.

Most brands don't go up to 25 lbs, so need suggestions until she is potty trained (which she is showing zero interest in at the moment!)

Not a total loss as DS will wear them later.

cmotdibbler Fri 18-Jul-08 15:28:32

Toddlerease ? They go up to 35lbs. I have 5 for sale if you are interested. Large/XL Fuzzis if you like pocket nappies (again, I do have some for sale)

I was contemplating the large nappy issue until DS decided to be potty trained at 2 and a week.

mum2oandh Fri 18-Jul-08 15:29:08

Expensive, but 'baby beehinds' in hemp or bamboo are amazing. Easily the best nappy I've ever used. Trim, absorbant, NEVER leak, fab colours in the bamboo version......
Only drawback is they are slow to dry, but I wouldn't let this put you off.
I really love this nappy.

cmotdibbler Fri 18-Jul-08 15:30:38

Ooh yes they are lovely - but a bit snug on DS, which is why I didn't try and flog you mine.

ChirpyGirl Fri 18-Jul-08 15:42:34

DD1 is 2.5 and still in fluffles and motherease popper wraps with no problems. grat as DD2 is in teh same!

mum2oandh Fri 18-Jul-08 15:51:07

I've just checked, and I can get a Baby Beehind on my 4yo ds, bit worried that he doesn't want to take it off...grin but it fits fine. All depends on the build of your child though.

cmotdibbler Fri 18-Jul-08 15:56:26

Yes - DS is rather rotund in the tummy department, although not elsewhere, so the single fastening type nappies do fit a bit oddly

kittywise Fri 18-Jul-08 16:02:40

I've been thinking about putting my rather rotund ( to put it mildly!) 2 1/2 year old in washables as she shows NO INTEREST AT ALL in potty training and I'm sure it's becuase the pampers she is in are too absorbant. She is in a size 6 and there aren't exactly loose on her hmm.
Are there good washable pull ups for toilet training?

mum2oandh Fri 18-Jul-08 16:07:31

Bright Bots training pants are good and nice colours, motherease bedwetter pants, are fab for night, if you ignore what is, IMO, a really crappy name grin
I would post links, but they never seem to work.....

mum2oandh Fri 18-Jul-08 16:08:39

Oh and nappies by minki yo yo training pants are good too.

BigBadMousey Fri 18-Jul-08 16:14:26

link to some toddler and night nappies

The samdy's toddlerease and minki yoyo are meant to be good but that link has missed a few off which are also good - depends what you are after with regards to absorbancy and drying time really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now