Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Swim nappies - do they stop wee, or just poo?

(10 Posts)
LittleMyDancingForJoy Thu 17-Jul-08 21:40:59

Have just had two Motherease swim nappies delivered - have always used the Mothercare ones before.

Motherease have a poo catcher bit in them, but I don't think they'll stop a wee - do any of them stop wees, or is that just wishful thinking on my part? Thinking about it, not sure the Mothercare ones would have done, either!

whatismyname Thu 17-Jul-08 21:45:37

no don't stop wee just catch solid poo

LittleMyDancingForJoy Thu 17-Jul-08 21:48:09

given how much DS enjoys weeing in the bath, I think a wee in the pool/sea is pretty much a cert, then!

Olihan Thu 17-Jul-08 21:49:01

No, they don't catch wee!

DH will testify to this as he was once carrying ds1 on his shoulders on the way back from the beach. After a few minutes he felt a wet warmth spreading around his neck and down over his shoulders. I laughed A LOT grin.

LittleMyDancingForJoy Thu 17-Jul-08 21:50:58

grin - your poor DH!

Back in the sea for a wash, then?

MrsBadger Thu 17-Jul-08 21:51:30

hmm

we have a couple (Mothercare, Ladybird/Woolies) that feel like they have a plasticy liner under the towelling inner - they would keep in a poo no problem, but I reckon if (for example) you were carrying a baby wearing one on your hip on your way into the pool, it'd stop a wee actually running down you.

MrsBadger Thu 17-Jul-08 21:51:58

ooh!

I stand corrected

nannyL Thu 17-Jul-08 22:02:31

they do NOT catch wee

o ahve been wee'd on several times by children in all different brands of swim nappy! hmm

calsworld Thu 17-Jul-08 22:25:04

Not poo, just wee. DH was holding DS before his swim lesson (me in pool, DH watching and holding DS for me). On DH's shirt. DH then had to go back to the office for the remainder of the day in said shirt grin!

calsworld Thu 17-Jul-08 22:25:41

Doh, drinking too much and pressed send as I noticed...

Poo, not wee as everyone else has said! blush oops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now