Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Would Ellas House bum hugger nappies/minkis keep dd's bottom dryer at night?

(6 Posts)
Dragonhart Thu 17-Jul-08 19:13:06

DD always gets really bad nappy rash when I put her in a washable at night. I have been using a disp and she is fine in the day, no signs of rash at all.

I use bambineo bamboo nappies at night, boosted and I put a large fleece liner in them, but I wondered if something with a fleece liner sown in would make a difference?

Dragonhart Thu 17-Jul-08 19:13:53

Sorry, ment I have been using a disp at night and washables in the day!

isaidno Thu 17-Jul-08 19:16:42

I use ellas house bumhuggers at night and they are very absorbent so it might help. I find them very good but no expert as dd is only 4 weeks!

BigBadMousey Thu 17-Jul-08 19:41:13

Bumhuggers are fab - she'll have a lovely dry bum in the morning and for our DD2 that meant no bum rash!

They aren't that bulky but very absorbant. I'd recommend you get one to try - make sure it is the newer version with the pull-out flap and pocket for boosting just in case.

I much prefer them to huggles (assuming those are the minki you are talking about) because of the full fleece lining. They take a while to dry so to have one for each night and be line-drying you'd probably need 3-4.

My dd2 says bumhuggers are very comfy btw - our huggles went crunchy despite us being in a very soft water area.

Dragonhart Fri 18-Jul-08 18:12:42

Thanks isaidno and bigbadmouse. THink I will try a couple and see if it helps.

Do you have the popper ones or the velcro? Which is better?

BigBadMousey Fri 18-Jul-08 19:48:23

popper definitely - they fit fine and allow more movement than velcro.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now