Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

My 11 mnth old son has just eaten some of his poo. Should I be worried?

(3 Posts)
mumintraining Thu 17-Jul-08 10:20:00

My son has a bit of nappy rash so I let him have a little kick without his nappy on (in his cot).

I left the nursery for a few minutes and on my return he'd done a poo. It was all over his hands and some around his mouth. I bathed him straight away but could this cause an illness?

BigBadMousey Thu 17-Jul-08 11:01:24

No.

Its come from inside him originally so to him it is not dangerous (and seemingly not unpleasant either!).

The problems come from cross infection - someone else is carrying a bug, doesn't wash their hands, you touch what they have touched then put your hands in your mouth and get ill because you have not been exposed to the bug before and thus have no protection from it.

Hope that makes sense - thought you might appreciate a quick reply and I'm not very good at those atm blush

mumintraining Thu 17-Jul-08 12:54:27

Thanks for the reassurance. I won't be leaving him unattended without a nappy on again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now