Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Best night time nappies for a 9 month old?

(9 Posts)
HensMum Tue 15-Jul-08 14:04:01

We currently use pre-folds which I really like and are fine during the day, however, they leak at night, even with 2 boosters so I'm thinking of getting a few nappies specifically for nights.
Which are best? Don't mind if they are bulky as they are for nights only and don't really mind if they are quick drying either. Just as long as they don't cost the earth...

MrsBadger Tue 15-Jul-08 14:07:22

I like bumbles with an extra booster - you might need size 2 wraps to go over them but you'll need those eventually for the prefolds anyway

bamboo or hemp might be better if you don't mind drying time though

BigBadMousey Tue 15-Jul-08 15:38:26

I started using Ellas House bumhuggers at night when DD2 was about that age - I've never looked back - they are fab. She goes all night with one and an airflow wrap and has a lovely dry bum in the morning because they are fully fleece lined.

They are very adaptable as they have pocket you can boost if you need to. DD2 says they are very comfy too.

The only downside is the drying time - you need 3-4 of them if you are going to line dry only to make sure you don't run out. They aren't expensive though and there are plenty around second hand if you want to try one cheap (just make sure it is the newer version with the pull out booster and pocket).

They have lasted for ages DD2 is only just getting to big for the large ones now - they don't have to be incredibly tight fitting to work if you use an airflow wrap.

hth

accessorizequeen Tue 15-Jul-08 20:59:05

2nd hand fluffles, they're fab although I have to double boost now for my 19 mo. Minki huggle is often recommended too, they're slow drying but absolutely fab. I've tried a bumble too, they do work pretty well though mine have fallen apart. Fluffles and bumbles avail. 2nd hand pretty easily, huggles not that I've found but I don't think they're too pricey. I did find when ds2 was leaking though that it was the wrap that was the problem so I have a couple of lovebum ones.

needaholiday Wed 16-Jul-08 01:56:07

cotton terry quick flips in medium should do, with a kiwi wrap over the top. not the slimmest nappies but if its for night it wont matter. some on ebay at the moment and they're cheap direct from the littlekiwi site too.

LuLuBai Wed 16-Jul-08 13:43:15

Hi - don't know if it is any help to you but when DD was around 8 months old she was sort of between nappy sizes. Smaller ones didn't have the absorbency to last through the night (even with booster) and I couldn't get bigger ones to fit snuggly enough to prevent leaks(I use Modern Baby which usually fit v. well with the velcro binding) . I ended up using biodegradable disposables for night time for about a month before moving to the next nappy size up and we were fine again.

jes74 Wed 16-Jul-08 14:34:25

I like to use either ellas house or a minki huggle at night on my nearly 8 month ds and my two yr old dd with a motherease wrap and so far have never had a leak.

HensMum Wed 16-Jul-08 15:08:35

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Where's the best place to get 2nd hand nappies online?

BigBadMousey Wed 16-Jul-08 16:28:53

links on this thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now