Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What is your favourite changing bag? I need one for my fluffles...

(15 Posts)
Sanguine Tue 15-Jul-08 00:04:26

Oh, I can't believe I am actually asking this. At some point over the last eight months, I have become someone who actually thinks about nappy changing bags!

Oh well, here goes. I'm using the boots parenting club one (who isn't? - nightmare at baby groups when we all have the same one!), but it's a tad on the small side. Also, I've had to sew velcro loops onto it so I can attach it to the handle of my pushchair. It's a Stokke Xplory, so I really do need one with special loops to attach it because of the design of the handle. It wants to be pretty roomy so I can get a couple of fluffles, a wrap, liners, wipes, bottles, pots of food, toys, muslins and some spare clothes in, but I would like to have a place for my phone and purse away from the nappies I'm sure someone will have the perfect solution... TIA.

NorthernLurker Tue 15-Jul-08 00:10:04

Have you seen this website?

Sanguine Tue 15-Jul-08 11:46:44

Oh, thanks NL, that's a good site. Now, how much do you think DH will let me spend on a changing bag?

accessorizequeen Tue 15-Jul-08 20:56:12

The ones that will attach to a buggy that I know of are Allerhand, Skip Hop, Little Company, Ju Ju Be and Wallaboo (all I think sold by Happybags). Little company ones are huuuuge but I don't find the internal pockets that easy, I hanker after a Ju Ju Be which has a parenting section. Tried a skip hop duo but it lets the rain in and too deep to retrieve things easily. Fluffles are particularly bulky ones to carry around, aren't' they?

Sanguine Tue 15-Jul-08 21:23:15

Useful info about the skip hop - I was looking at that one. Also, thanks for enlightening me as to which ones attach to pushchairs! I was looking at this one. I saw one in RL in a shop today and it looks like it will swallow a few fluffles! I also saw some Ju Ju Be ones, but they weren't as big, although totally desirable . I'm a bit blush at finding changing bags desirable, but you end up spending a lot of time with your changing bag!

Sanguine Tue 15-Jul-08 21:25:47

Oh, and I've been looking on e-bay and am shock to see some people are actually flogging the free boots parenting club one! that's a bit cheeky, don't you think?

accessorizequeen Tue 15-Jul-08 21:45:04

The skip hop dash or the new messenger won't let the rain in though and seems a better shape but I found the duo very stiff and uncomfortable to wear over your shoulder. Boots have them often, the bigger ones so you can see for yourself - others on here really like them. They're a slimline bag though, don't really seem to go with fluffles!

Ju Ju Be do several different sizes of bags - the Be All I think is the biggest? I love the OiOi giraffe print tote (same style as one you like), but do they attach to a buggy (one of my prerequisites too)? OiOi hobo bags seem very well liked but they're not big enough really. God knows what I can get this time as I'm expecting dt's and ds2 is only 19 months!

accessorizequeen Tue 15-Jul-08 21:46:01

Did you see the kipling baby bags on ebags btw? I think they attach and are very capacious with lots of pockets.

Sanguine Tue 15-Jul-08 22:16:49

all the oioi bags attach, I have discovered. The one I saw today was the giraffe print one, but the kiwi one matches the stroller (!). Expecting DT? congrats! You'd be wanting a biggish bag then!

NorthernLurker Wed 16-Jul-08 16:15:37

I love changing bags! Never apologise for being fascinated by them smile

Accessorizequeen - happybags has a section for bags for twins - have you seen it?

LuckySalem Wed 16-Jul-08 16:19:54

Bruin black messenger style changing bag here

missblythe Wed 16-Jul-08 16:23:33

Good choice here, and the woman who runs this shop/site is change-bag obssessed (and also a retailer for the Xplory), so will be able to give you some good advice if you call her up and ask to speak to Mia.

http://www.boo-bags.com/index.php?cPath=13

missblythe Wed 16-Jul-08 16:24:18

that should be

Eleta Mon 21-Jul-08 12:29:03

Hi, just to let you know the OiOi tote does hav fasteners to fit onto a buggy. I've jut bought the giraffe one grin I don't see any shame in having a changing bag fetish. I used to love handbags but they tend to become redundent when you need a changing bag so I like to choose one I feel good carrying around but it needs to be practical too.

Squarah Mon 21-Jul-08 14:15:28

Also I've just bought a load of these:-

www.strawberry-tiger.co.uk/acatalog/info-hooknstroll.html?gclid=COqA-7uH0ZQCFQ1gQgod0kEmkw

fabulous hooks which you can attach any bag to and then I've just bought myself a mustard yellow topshop bag - they have some corkers. I've got a Phil and Ted's.

Couldn't quite bring myself to spend £70 but if I was going to, I wanted the Oioi hobo sack in giraffe - it's massive! But DH gave it a massive thumbs down. Let us know what you decide wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now