Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

2 year-old outgrowing Motherease nappies: advice please!

(7 Posts)
AlbertaWildRose Mon 14-Jul-08 14:08:46

DS has just turned 2, and we've been using Motherease nappies, which we really like. He's a big boy, though, and now the nappies seem to be too tight around his legs, leaving big red marks. So, my question is this: do we just give up and switch to disposables now (which would make me shudder from an ecological perspective and also because it might delay potty training) or should we switch to another kind of reusable nappy, in which case we'd have to splash out and start from scratch, which is very expensive? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

AlbertaWildRose Mon 14-Jul-08 14:09:35

Sorry, forgot to add that they are one-size nappies, so technically should go from birth to potty training.

juuule Mon 14-Jul-08 14:16:00

Is it the nappy that is tight or the wrap? If it's the wrap perhaps a larger size would help.

If it's the nappy and you don't want to pay too much why not get a set of terry squares. You could also use the ME nappies as an extra booster in the terry.

CarGirl Mon 14-Jul-08 14:17:37

you can get motherease one size nappy extenders which will make them bigger around the tummy and the legs.

PinkTulips Mon 14-Jul-08 14:21:29

ds grew out of MEOS at less than a year and has grown back into them now at almost 2.

they're not nearly as adjustable as they should be for BTPs

could you buy some second hand on here? much cheaper and you shouldn't need nearly as many as you would for a younger child so you might not have to spend too much.

if your planning to have another child they will get used again don't forget

AlbertaWildRose Mon 14-Jul-08 14:35:12

Hmm, maybe we'll try second-hand. I'm PG, so we'll definitely be using them for a while! Thanks for your suggestions.

Ariela Mon 14-Jul-08 19:19:34

There's no need to buy new nappies, just get some extenders, they are only about £2 a pair and clip onto the sides and give an extra inch or two. Near the bottom of this page:
http://www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk/acatalog/NappyBoosters_andLiners.html
You'd only need 2 or 3 sets of extenders. Heaps cheaper than new nappies.
If you are getting new nappies I liked the Toddlerease as they're plenty high enough in the rise to do night time for a while after potty training too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now