Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Should I try again to get 4yr DD1 out of night time nappies?

(7 Posts)
Lisa229 Mon 14-Jul-08 13:54:08

DD1 has been out of daytime nappies since she was 2.5 but nightime doesn't seem to be happening. I tried once a few months ago as she said she didn't want to wear night nappies anymore. So said that was fine, she went to the toilet before she went to bed and I told her to call for me if she needed the toilet in the night. I went to check on her about 10.30pm when DH and I were going to bed and she had wet the bed but was still asleep. So she is in such a deep sleep, she doesn't realise. Now I probably should have given it longer but the next night I went back to night nappies and said we would try again in a few months. Thing is her nappies in the morning are always full, even though she doesn't have a nightime drink, just a little water with dinner and she goes to toilet before bed. So should I wait until her nappies are dry in the morning as I know some say it is a bladder control thing, or should I try again and get her used to no nappy and then maybe her body will adjust, or should I lift her at our bedtime? Just a bit confused as to what to do for best as she has started saying again about not wearing them.

Any advice appreciated.

MmeBovary Mon 14-Jul-08 14:01:26

If she's saying no nappies I would certainly have another go. My dd's nappies were generally wet in the morning so I thought it was a bit too soon (at 3.5). But we'd come back from holiday and I realised I had run out. So I put the potty in her room and told her she was a big girl and didn't need a nappy any more and that was that - dry ever since. Well we've had the odd accident....I did try to wake her and put on the potty before i went to bed to see if she needed to go but she was having none of it. She does get up and use the potty in the night from time to time - easy than getting to the loo. Good luck!

GivePeasAChance Mon 14-Jul-08 14:02:26

If she is asking - I would defintely try and just see for a few weeks - she probably won't do it straight away if nappies are full in the morning.

But go for it !

Grublin Mon 14-Jul-08 14:05:06

DS1 is almost 3.4 and never had a dry nappy in the morning despite being dry in the day for about a year.
We took him out of nappies about 3 and a half weeks ago and have only had 2 wet incidents.
He has a drink of milk before bed and asked if he wants a wee before he goes upstairs.
There is a travel potty in his room which he might use before he goes to sleep, otherwise he won't use it till he wakes in the morning.

littlesos Wed 16-Jul-08 10:06:09

I'm struggling with the same thing, my DD is almost 5 and a half, as has been out of nappies since she was 2, other than at night.

Recently she went a whole week with dry nappies in the morning, but when we tried without a nappy she wet the bed.

As the OP DD1 never wakes up, she will happily sleep in a wet bed till morning and not notice.

I don't really know what to do now. When we talk about her wet nappies she says that the wee sneaks out when she's sleeping and she doesn't know it's happening.

I would love a solution.

Lisa229 Wed 16-Jul-08 12:10:55

Thanks for your guidance. May try and give it another go during the summer holidays and see what happens.

mashedbanana Thu 17-Jul-08 19:55:35

my 3.5 dd has just had her 5th night without a nappy at night without any accidents.i'm so proud of her.she has a wee before bed and then she'll wake about 5 o'clock for one and go back to bed.this is my 1st attempt at this as it's just happened naturally .dd did have a period of dry nappies but then started having really wet nappies and even a wet bed.now she's completely dry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now