Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

OK - DS is 2.7 so how do we potty/toilet train him? Any good web guides? Tips advice?

(2 Posts)
Holymoly321 Sun 13-Jul-08 08:39:33

DS1 can and has in the past done a poo and wee on the toilet and the potty. It's been very sporadic as I have been dealing with DS2 who is just a bub. But now DS2 is nearly 8 mths I feel the time has come to concentrate on getting DS1 out of nappies. How do we do this?

girliefriend Sun 13-Jul-08 13:00:53

Put him in pants! Most of the advice I read said aim to try and potty train when you have a few quiet days at home, which I did. Once you have made the decision to go for it stick with it for a few days and don't be temted to revert too quickly as can take up to a week for them to get the hang of it! Gina fords potty training in one week is good for advice, although slightly ott (ie put them on the potty every half hour!) Def couldn't be doing with that but probably every hour would see if I could get dd to sit on potty and would talk A LOT about wee wees and poos! Let him follow you into the loo as the biggest incentive will be his wanting to copy you and be a big boy! Once he starts showing some success a little reward (one choc button was what my dd got!) for the times he tells you he wants a wee and then does one on the potty works a treat, good luck! xXx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now