Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Suggest new covers for Bambino Mio nappies?

(18 Posts)
dublinmom Sat 12-Jul-08 16:01:19

If I knew then, I wouldn't have bought the Bambino Mio, but I have, and now that we are on DC3 (and the money-saving is really kicking in, having re-used theses resuables so many times) I don't want to buy a whole new set.

However, the covers are pretty useless and even worse this time around becuase they're kind of stretched out. So, any suggestions for new covers that would work with the nappies I have?

BigBadMousey Sat 12-Jul-08 16:51:18

Yep - the Motherease Rikki or the new style tots bots wraps (with gussets) will work well with a prefold. The former are the more reliable option but the latter have a softer aplix strip so might be the better option for a newborn.

I've been using both with prefolds for DS (who is 6 weeks old and BF'd) with some success. He is a chunky 12lb now but still in the Size 0 tots wraps, but now in the small Rikki, not the extra small.

hth

tutu100 Sat 12-Jul-08 20:20:43

You can get very cheap cotton bottoms/tommee tippee wraps on ebay at the moment. They are very suitable for prefold nappies and I found them really good. They are much more durable than bambino mio as well.

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Sat 12-Jul-08 21:55:07

Yes i second the rikkis or that style, the new new tots new wraps are very similar to the rikkis and now DO NOT have gussets which strangely makes them less prone to leaks - there you go BBM - another thing you will have to try lol! They are funky too!! They have new soft bindings like a motherease..... smile

BigBadMousey Sat 12-Jul-08 22:06:29

Really? no gussets? Wish they'd keep their website updated!

They defintely have funkier prints than motherease though - I usually pop a blue star wrap on DS for baby clinic day grin

BigBadMousey Sat 12-Jul-08 22:11:35

OOooooh...just had a nosey at your website. No gussets indeed! Have you tried the flexitot with the gussetted wraps by any chance? Don't fancy buying any more wraps - I've just sold all my spares <rolls eyes>

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Sat 12-Jul-08 22:13:21

I have the new blue star one (whispers - there are piccys of them on the flexi tot page on my site.....) - anyway i have the aqua star one but the green star one is far nicer....

I am dying to go to baby clining ago to flash my bumwear but hes 20 months now and just wouldnt be the same....

Jane99Thomas Sun 13-Jul-08 10:01:40

I second Rikki wraps for super reliability too. Although once baby is sitting up, I found that the velcro rubbed his tummy.

I mainly use Thirsties wraps - superb fit, very soft bindings at leg & waist.

It must be all down to individuals cos I found wraps without leg gussets (ie Bummis/Cotton Bottoms) leaked.

I have also heard that Nature Babies Classic wraps are very suitable for prefolds too. I am about to order one to try out so will let you know my verdict!

Best to go for velcro wraps, they give a much better fit than poppers.

Octothechildherder Sun 13-Jul-08 18:58:20

I have the green star one grin - am impressed - no leaks yet. Flexitots still a mystery!

Rikkis here too smile

I have a new bumgenius to test ....

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Sun 13-Jul-08 19:27:16

envy - i really cant justify swiping from stock!! Why a mystery??

Octothechildherder Mon 14-Jul-08 11:13:09

the technical outer wicking layer hmm - it doesn't stop it wicking outwards as it still feels wet and if it did then it would be an all in one - so whats the point of it??

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Mon 14-Jul-08 19:16:21

grin i havent a fecking clue!! It makes it look smart????

BigBadMousey Mon 14-Jul-08 19:26:47

nah to make it sound extra special!

Being a 'technical outer wicking layer' it obviously has an incredibly important and sophisticated function but totsbots have decided we just wouldn't understand the science behind it all wink

Ariela Mon 14-Jul-08 19:29:04

I liked the Prorap over prefolds - if you're looking for cheap these are very reliable yet only about £6, have a gusset with double elastication all round and admittedly only in plain boring white but they do work really well over prefolds evenif you don't secure the prefold Nappi nippa

dublinmom Mon 14-Jul-08 20:45:01

Thanks for all your advice, keep it coming. Really irritated with current covers letting baby poo leak all over clothes -- going through 2-3 covers and outfits a day now. Grr.

To expand my original question, my babies tend to have skinny legs (didn't get that from me) and that's often where the leaks are, so maybe gussets would be useful?

I'm thinking either Tots Bots or Rikki, help me decide...

Also, I live in Ireland. Any idea of suppliers here, or should I just gulp and pay shipping costs?

BigBadMousey Mon 14-Jul-08 20:51:08

try one of each and see how you get on grin but......

I forgot about Prowraps - crappy sounding name and dull looking but very good for containment when used with prefolds.

Not sure about suppliers in your area but I bet someone on here will know!

Octothechildherder Mon 14-Jul-08 21:38:05

Rikkis - you may have a lollipop advisor nearby - worth logging onto their website to ask.

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Mon 14-Jul-08 21:42:33

i think the natural baby resource are somewhere in ireland so would ship - that said wraps are hardly heavy so i would just charge my usual rate anyway as would probs others or not ....... (for a mumsnetter!)smile

No ihave not tried with gussets but i have a couple left on sale....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now