Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help - she won't wear a nappy but I'm not ready to try again! What to do?

(8 Posts)
Shoegazer Fri 11-Jul-08 15:13:22

My 24 month old took her nappy off this morning and proclaimed "No nappy" and now she won't let me get near her to put another one on and keeps saying "No nappy on its dirty wee wee" But she is not exactly chomping at the bit to use the potty either and has weed on my floor twice. We had a try at potty training a couple of months ago with limited success and I decided to leave it a while. I don't really want to try again now as she has just started nursery and I want her to settle properly first but do I really want to hold her down and put a nappy on her? Help!

TooTicky Fri 11-Jul-08 15:16:27

I'd try and work with her enthuisiasm, although I do know how exhausting it is. Will she sit on the potty for a story every hour or so?

Jojay Fri 11-Jul-08 15:20:35

Will she wear pull ups??

lizandlulu Fri 11-Jul-08 15:27:02

would she wear pants? even if she wee's in them the mess wont be as much as if she wee's on the floor. the pants will soak most of it up

Shoegazer Fri 11-Jul-08 15:41:39

OK, its a big no to the pull ups, but a yes to the pants I have dug up "oh yes, big girl knickknicks!" I will try the sitting her on the potty with a story, but I'm not ready! The nursery take them to the toilet every 30 minutes when they are potty training so do you think I should try that timing?

Shoegazer Fri 11-Jul-08 15:41:57

Thank you for your replies by the way!

lizandlulu Fri 11-Jul-08 16:25:19

if you are fine with trying, then do that.
i couldnt potty train my dd till she was ready. i am still in the process, she has been wearing pants for about 7 days niw, she does have accidents though.
she is 2.9 and just decided last weeks to try her. she was telling me when she did a poo, but not wee, but in pants she started telling me when she wants to do something.

if you are going to be home, then try taking her every 30 mins, even if she doesnt get the jist of it, it might save you from a bit of cleaning!

InLoveWithSweeneyTodd Fri 11-Jul-08 16:31:54

My dd did exactly the same. One day she refused nappies, and I took the opportunity to start potty training. She was a bit older, though. 2.5. It took us around a week. I would go for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now