Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

so what next?

(4 Posts)
sunshine185 Thu 10-Jul-08 20:13:40

hi, ds is 25 months and we have a toilet seat with handles that go onto the adult toilet seat but he won't go on it! but he will pee in the toilet standing up with daddy's help.

he knows what is wet and recently we've been showing him his poo poo's

anyway, was at ikea today with ds and picked up a cheap potty, tried it on him tonight and he sat on it right away and pee'd in it, then stood up turned around aimed and pee'd into it to finish off!!! grin

once done, i put a nappy back on him and he didn't ask to take it off or tell me he needed to pee pee.... does that mean he is not ready as his nappy was quite wet when i took his nappy off?

i put him back on the potty before bedtime but nothing...

so what next??? your ideas would be very welcomed!

thanks

Shannaratiger Thu 10-Jul-08 20:18:53

Free up a week in your diary, buy lots of carpet cleaner and leave the nappy off. Expect accidents, if it isn't working maybe try pull-ups.

sunshine185 Fri 11-Jul-08 08:14:01

great idea thanks!

needaholiday Fri 11-Jul-08 22:39:10

wait till its sunny and warm, buy him a couple of longer t shirts for dignitys sake and let him have plenty of free time in the garden. If he's ready he'll crack it in a week. Oh and at night use a bed mat instead of a night nappy so he doesn't get reliant on peeing in a nappy at night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now