Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

So my bamboo nappies say they reach max absorbancy after 10 washes...

(8 Posts)
hopefully Thu 10-Jul-08 11:19:46

Do I really want/need to wash them 10 times before using them?

Can I just do a couple of washes and rely on them getting washed a lot in the early days, Or will they not be remotely absorbant until they've had a good half dozen washes?

And if I do need to wash them repeatedly before use, do I need to dry them in between washes, or can I just keep pissing money down the drain putting the machine straight back on?

Lionstar Thu 10-Jul-08 11:22:06

I just washed ours a couple of times, then used them with frequent changing for the next few washes. Never had a problem.

nappymadmummy Thu 10-Jul-08 11:24:13

They'll still work pretty well after a couple of washes. Tbh I only tend to prewash them once then start using them and haven't had a problem smile

DartmoorMama Thu 10-Jul-08 11:25:11

just wash them about 3 times then use them then realistically they will be up to max absorbency in say a month with regular washing.
They should have a good usable level of absorbency after the first few washes but just not as absorbent as they will be in the long run.

hopefully Thu 10-Jul-08 11:32:36

Fabulous, I will just bung them on a couple of times (depending on how long it takes me to get bored grin) and then use them.

Assume it's fine to keep just putting the machine back on without drying them? Or am i missing something and the drying plays a crucial role in increasing absorbancy?

DartmoorMama Thu 10-Jul-08 11:34:51

don't bother drying them. its not necessary.

hopefully Thu 10-Jul-08 11:38:53

Thank you!

needaholiday Fri 11-Jul-08 22:40:31

betweeen washes, fluff them up (shake em out to loosen the fibres that get squished down in the wash). And shake em out before drying too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now