Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What age!!

(6 Posts)
hayleylou Thu 03-Feb-05 09:45:36

Just wondered what age did you start potty training.... is it a mith that boys are slower!!

ZoeB Thu 03-Feb-05 09:59:11

DS was 2.5 yrs we went to Center Parcs for a long weekend so I decided to do it there and then Arrived Friday and by sunday was dry !!!!! only one accident. But had to take him to the loo every hour for the first few days but never looked back.

mummylonglegs Thu 03-Feb-05 10:26:30

I tried dd at just over 2 and she wasn't quite ready. She could do a wee on her potty and the odd poo but only when I put her there, she didn't seem to understand how / when to do it of her own volition. So I've postponed until she's 2.5 which is only about a month away now! Watch this space ...

How old is yours haleylou?

hayleylou Thu 03-Feb-05 10:30:02

DS is 2.2 and the same as your dd he can do a wee in the potty but only if I put him there. Is your dd a good speaker. My ds is starting to say words so it might pay to wait don't you think?

Gwenick Thu 03-Feb-05 10:32:45

DS1 was potty trained at 35 months (ie one month before his 3rd birthday LOL). It took about 4 weeks to get the hang of it and to be honest I DON'T really think he was ready.

Unfortunately I was pg with DS2 and wanted to have him trained in decent time before the baby arrived, and knew that if I didn't do it then I wouldn't have been able to start properly with him until he was close to 3.5yrs old (at the least).

Ideally leave them as long as possible - it might cost more nappy wise, but it'll be much less stressful for both you and your DS if you leave it until he's older.

I have two friends who didn't potty train their DS's until they were nearly 4!! - it took 2 days for both of them.

I think boys ARE (generally) slower than girls - I think a) the sensation of needing a wee is different and b) girls tend to be more 'senstitive' to the fact they've got wet pants/nappy whereas most boys would probably stay all day in wet clothes if you didn't change them LOL

Hulababy Thu 03-Feb-05 20:15:38

DD was 24 months when we PTd her. Well, we didn't really do anything - she did it herself and was very obviously ready for it. Only came about as she had a sore bottom (was quite hot, so sweat I guess) and she spent a day nappyless. She used the pottyt hat day, so went for it. As she was so completely ready in herself she was dry by day 3.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now