Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Asda have started selling cloth nappies

(13 Posts)
BouncingTurtle Wed 09-Jul-08 20:52:41

Specifically the Bambino Mio starter packs!!

Spotted them in my local store, which isn't even a particularly big one!

BigBadMousey Wed 09-Jul-08 21:41:43

I think it's the start of a trend. I've seen them for sale in a few surprising places recently. Possibly a reaction to the possible charges for household waste?

Shame all the really good nappies tend to be available on-line only.

girlandboy Wed 09-Jul-08 21:46:59

BBMousey, where else have you seen them for sale?

Flamesparrow Wed 09-Jul-08 21:48:36

noooooooooooooooo! how's a girl meant to run a business? shockwink

ButterflyMcQueen Wed 09-Jul-08 21:52:42

flame is there a link to your website?

Flibbertyjibbet Wed 09-Jul-08 21:58:41

Dont' worry flamesparrow, there are that many eco mums who would never be seen dead in an asda grin

When they start selling them at Waitrose you should worry wink

Anyway, everyone knows the Bamino Mio are crap. People buy a birth to potty pack then either switch to disposables or hunt out a nice on-line seller to sell them some cloth nappies that WORK!!

CantSleepWontSleep Wed 09-Jul-08 22:06:28

Not sure if flame's allowed to post it herself BM, but here it is for you .

nannyL Wed 09-Jul-08 22:08:09

they do sell ME One size in waitrose...

and ME airflow wraps and the boosters

BigBadMousey Wed 09-Jul-08 22:26:33

yep waitrose sell quite a few brands don't they?

Round here we don't get loads of 'high street name' shops although we do have a Boots shock. A lot of the independent department stores round here have started stocking cloth. When I last ventured out into the big smoke I saw Bambino Mio and Junior Joy in Boots and Sainsbury's (I think). Then Mothercare has increased it's range hasn't it? Its funny how reusable swim nappies have been in the public domain for ages but normal cloth is just making its way there hmm

Hmmmmm...does seem to be the errr..less reliable...brands in the shops - maybe it is a conspiracy by pPampers to put everyone off cloth for life <awaits pelting of rotten fruit from prefold fans grin>

ButterflyMcQueen Wed 09-Jul-08 22:34:39

thanks csws!

nannyL Fri 11-Jul-08 21:05:46

I saw them in asda today.... £50 for a pack of 12 prefolds and 3 wraps.... (bambino mio)

i just wish the better nappys were for sale on the high street.... and not the ones that so many people dont get on so well with, that then just put nappy novices off the idea of washables, when (ok only IMO) they really ARE so much better than disposbales

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Fri 11-Jul-08 21:17:17

really BT in our asda!!!! i will go tomorrow and leave my business cards all over the shop !!!!!!!! The darn cheek!

needaholiday Fri 11-Jul-08 22:33:25

trouble is that only the larger names can afford the ridiculous discounts major stores ask for to be able to sell their products instore. 50%+ in some.
Problem with prefolds is that of a newbie tries them and can't make them work, it puts them off. Far easier to start with a shaped or a terry square. Still anything is better than nothing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now