Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Getting out of night time nappies

(21 Posts)
mummygow Wed 02-Feb-05 21:29:45

My dd is 21/2 and has been out of nappies for 9 months during the day so now I have bitten the bullet and took her nappy off tonight I have put a pampers mat under her sheet, I have checked her and keep checking her but I am really nervous that she wets bed while I am sleeping as dont want her to sleep on a wet sheet - how do I do this????????

jamiesam Wed 02-Feb-05 21:33:33

My ds happily slept through in spite of the odd leak. Sorry, no help. Presume dd's nappy has been dry in the morning? Will you be getting her up when you go to bed for one last wee?

mummygow Wed 02-Feb-05 21:41:45

Thats what I wanted to know should I - I did take her to toilet before bed but I think I should get her up!

misdee Wed 02-Feb-05 21:46:12

i used to lift dd1 when i went to bed, she would be fast asleep holding onto me, i used to tell her she needed a wee, and she would do one. doesnt stop all accidents but most of them.

Twiglett Wed 02-Feb-05 21:48:41

I assume she's had dry nappies in the morning? so has shown that she's capable of going through the night

I suppose you may have to get a waterproof sheet to put under her actual sheet .. that way if she does wet the bed, she will feel it and it will wake her up and so you'll know she's had an accident ... I found the Pampers mat pulled the wetness away and DS would just sleep through it

misdee Wed 02-Feb-05 21:49:36

and the waterproof sheet will work out cheaper in the long run

Twiglett Wed 02-Feb-05 21:52:06

and they're also quite small .. and with wriggly little ones who knows where there bottoms will be when they do have a wee .. you can almost bet it won't be on the mat

mummygow Wed 02-Feb-05 21:55:31

will the waterproof sheet be comfortable enough, I know she is capable of going through the night Im just scared if she does have an accident and I'm asleep (should I set my alarm) she willbe uncomfortable.

purpleturtle Wed 02-Feb-05 21:58:36

I keep trying to get dd (4 in April) out of a night time nappy. To no avail. She's been dry in the day for 18 months. She can go all night without doing a wee. On earlier attempts she proved she could sleep half the night in a wet bed, but now she screams the house down if she wets the bed. Have tried sticker charts, rewards, bribery etc. Am now resigned to keeping the makers of pull-ups in business for the foreseeable future.

Twiglett Wed 02-Feb-05 22:01:20

if she has an accident and is uncomfortable you'll know about it .. I wouldn't worry about that at all mummygow

purpleturtle .. one day she'll just turn around and say she doesn't want to wear a nappy at night any more, don't stress it .. it really doesn't matter in the scheme of things .. you can get washable nightime nappies called motherease .. pricey to begin with but probably worth it in the long run (was considering them until DS decided not to wear night-time nappies any more)

NotQuiteCockney Wed 02-Feb-05 22:13:12

We use waterproof sheets under regular sheets. DS1 only has an accident once in a quite long while, but still, that's plenty.

mummygow Wed 02-Feb-05 22:24:00

Cant beleive it when to check her during adverts of desperate houswives and she had wet herself, woke her took her to toilet and changed her bed will I still take her when I'm going to bed

janeybops Wed 02-Feb-05 23:10:28

I too used to lift dd when I went to bedand popped her on the potty. She would do one while still asleep really and then I would put her back tobed. Did this for several months till no wee for a week I think.

mears Wed 02-Feb-05 23:16:21

I used a waterproof sheet on the bed and sat them on a potty before I went to bed. Invariably they went back to sleep straight away after obliging. Sometimes would find bed wet in the morning and they had slept through. If she is uncomfortable mummygow, she will wake. If she sleeps through then it hasn't bothered her. You can get waterproof protectors for the quilt as well by the way.

mummygow Thu 03-Feb-05 20:23:09

Thanks everyone for your help last night. I made sure she had nothing to drink after 6pm tonight then sat her on toilet at 7pm when going to bed, so I will sit her on again about 10pm as that is when she wet last night.

kjq Thu 10-Feb-05 16:51:41

Mummygow

I hope your dd has had a dry bed all week. Can I just ask, I'm about to start potty training, and was wondering, do you think that it is better to train my dd during the day and at night at the same time and cut out nappies altogether to avoid confusion?

purpleturtle Thu 10-Feb-05 17:15:02

I think you just have to see how it goes. Some kids do seem to crack both at once, but I think it's asking a lot for them to learn not to wee when asleep at the same time as getting dry in the day. I can imagine the whole process of getting dry days would have taken forever if I'd tried to get dd dry at night back then. She's still not dry at night, but has been dry in the day for 18mths!

milliways Thu 10-Feb-05 17:16:31

Mine was 7 before we cracked it

purpleturtle Thu 10-Feb-05 17:17:17

Oh good! Just another 3 years to go then.

milliways Thu 10-Feb-05 17:18:25

we had to go to the eneurisis clinic - a lot just stop by 5 on their own. Mine wasn't drinking enough!!!

oatcake Thu 10-Feb-05 17:37:15

lifted ds from two and a half and on his request after he said he'd had enough of nappies.

Very few wet nights after a midnight lift, and he never has any trouble floating back off to sleep afterwards.

Yeah, waterproof sheet under a normal one and if that one gets wet, pop a waterproof square under a clean sheet to stop it wiggling about in the night.

My waterproof sheet was £26 - this seems very expensive to me? how much has everyone else paid?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now