Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

My Happy Heiny's are not very happy...

(8 Posts)
DettaJnr Mon 07-Jul-08 09:37:31

The waterproof backing appears to be coming away and I have found that they are wet through.

Has anyone got any ideas on what I can do?

mum2oandh Mon 07-Jul-08 16:02:50

send 'em back! how long have you had them? where are they from?

DettaJnr Mon 07-Jul-08 18:18:42

I have had it for a couple of years but I use it about once a week so it hasn't really had that much use. I got it from a site in Ireland. I can't imagine that they would take it back now after such a length of time.

mum2oandh Mon 07-Jul-08 18:50:45

ah maybe not then, can you not sew the waterproof layer back on?

DettaJnr Tue 08-Jul-08 18:43:09

The only way to describe it is that it looks like bubblewrap. I put it in the dryer, as advised but this hasn't helped. Thanks for your help m.

jojo76 Wed 09-Jul-08 20:49:28

Hi, DettaJnr, just to say, mine have done this too, and i've had mine about 2 years as well. I just don't think they last that well, although I did use mine quite a lot for a while, till they started to leak.......
I think i read something about re-waterproofing them with something from camping shops??!! Might have been something people use on tents....or raincoats.....

BigBadMousey Wed 09-Jul-08 21:48:01

yes, you can re-waterproof them.

Can't remember the name of the stuff to use but I can find out if you want. Only issue is that the stuff isn't recommended for use on baby products so it's up to you if you're happy to use it. I know a couple of people who have been happy to use it since it shouldn't come into contact with the skin. I don't think it is awful stuff it's just not tested for the purpose of waterproofing nappies so they won't recommend.

Have you checked the US websites for a remedy?

DettaJnr Wed 09-Jul-08 22:10:33

I only use them at night-time now as DD2 is trained during day. She is dry most of the time at night, they are just a precaution. I thought there might be an easy solution. It seems a shame to bin it.

Thanks for your advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now