Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Constipation/Movical

(6 Posts)
Millie1 Mon 31-Jan-05 21:33:07

I've posted a note on the Health board but haven't had any replies and notice Movicol has been mentioned on some threads here. Can anyone offer advice - thanks

\link{http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk?topicid=138&threadid=55972&stamp=050131212915}

Millie1 Mon 31-Jan-05 21:33:30

Darnit ... my links never seem to work!

hollymolly Fri 11-Feb-05 15:15:57

Hi Millie1
I'm a nurse (although I don't work with kids but I've got a 2 year old myself) and I would've thought that Movicol is too strong for a child. How old is your child? My daughter suffers terribly with constipation at times, so I try these remedies. Plenty of water with just a little ribena to taste. Also try those little small packets of raisins/dried apricots, great for the bowels. If you ever learnt any baby massage, you can try that no matter how old the child is. Also weetabix, at any time in the day are great too. Squeeze a fresh orange & add some luke warm water too might help. Cut out stodgy white bread. Good Luck
Hollymolly

Millie1 Fri 11-Feb-05 21:09:01

Thanks Hollymolly - lots of good tips for keeping him regular. He's almost 3.5 yrs and spent about 10 days on Movicol Paediatric - we got the leaflet and the dose is dependent on age (2-4 and 5-12 or something). Hopefully he got well cleared out! He's been great about drinking water and eating fruit and some veg since so we just need to make sure he keeps it up.

janeybops Fri 11-Feb-05 21:16:55

I used this on my daughter who is 3 and it got her moving but she is now worse than ever. On Tuesday she did one and the last one had been 12 days before.

Millie1 Sat 12-Feb-05 21:05:48

Yikes ... poor thing. We've been told to follow Movicol up with Lactulose and that seems to be keeping DS soft and regular. Hope things get better for your little girl.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now