Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Bimbles versus Tots Bots?

(8 Posts)
Raindog Fri 28-Jan-05 10:41:12

Hello
I'm expecting my first baby in April and have been looking at lots of different reusable nappies since I'm determined to get my head round them before I've got other things to think about! I have got a few tots bots (unbleached and pastel) which I love and I was going to go for those, but then I spotted Bimbles which look like a slimmer fit.

Has anyone got experience of both and could tell me the pros and cons? Or would a mixture of both be useful? also, I know the Bimble is fully lined with fleece - do you still use a fleece liner with them?

And are the really small wraps worth bothering with or do the size 1 work okay on small babies?

Thanks!

lunavix Fri 28-Jan-05 10:42:38

I just bought one of the coloured bumbles and I LOVE it it is absolutely gorgeous...

It suggests not using a liner as it has a fleece one but IMO use one to prevent staining/wearing out the nappy Much easier to get poo off too

Raindog Fri 28-Jan-05 10:48:31

Thanks Lunavix - I spotted your post about your lovely blue bumble on the other thread! Are bumbles the same as bimbles but bigger? Do bumbles work on small babies? Oh there are just so many to choose from!

lunavix Fri 28-Jan-05 10:50:47

I think you can use bumbles on a small baby with a nappi nippa,

the website is http://www.easypeasynappies.co.uk/

sorry I can't do links!

Yes a bumble is just a bigger bimble, I think I'm going to use a mixture of bumbles and totsbots.

Raindog Fri 28-Jan-05 13:08:02

thank you! I've ordered a few to compare. I wonder if anyone on here has actually used both of them and could give some feedback as well? It's worth knowing that Bumbles could be folded downa bit too - cheers!

lunavix Fri 28-Jan-05 14:53:15

I think you undo the booster (attached by poppers) and take it out, and you can do the poppers up to make it smaller....

This is what I've heard!

Also you can use the bimble as an extra booster in the bumble when your baby grows out of them, so they won't go to waste

LouiseT Fri 28-Jan-05 20:32:05

I've used the Bumble and Tots Bots, the Bumble can be made smaller by doing a clever thing with the poppers so you can use it from birth (I got them too late to do this). The Bumbles are good 'cause you can stuff them with extra terry's to absorb more wee. You fasten them all with nippas or pins.

I find Tots Bots too bulky to dry, and they don't seem to wash properly 'cause there's too many layers of terry''s for the water to get through.

mummyhelen Fri 28-Jan-05 20:41:17

Hi, sorry to butt in on this one, I was just reading it and wondered Luvanix, do you use a fleece or paper liner with your bumble. I am sick of dunking mine down the loo and have often pondered on this thought.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now