Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

what training pants?

(7 Posts)
misdee Thu 27-Jan-05 13:20:32

am potty training dd2, but am finding it hard with washables, as undoing the wrap, the nappy takes too long as she isnt quick on telling me. i really want to get some training pants (washable) so she can get used to pulling them up and down, but dont want pampers or huggies really. what washable ones are good? she is 40lb, so please be aware they need to be large sizes.

Tommy Thu 27-Jan-05 13:26:34

Can you not let her just run around nudey (as we call it here!) My DS just wees in a nappy or pull ups if he has them on. I would suggest nudey for a few days then big girls pants and not bother with pull ups at all unless you're going out or she's going to play group or something.
OR Kushies do pull ups I believe but I never used them!

misdee Thu 27-Jan-05 13:28:30

i am considering it, but on days we're out (and we do go out a fair bit most weeks) i think training pants may be wise.

LIZS Thu 27-Jan-05 13:38:09

We had a pair of Kushies ones for travelling etc but they weren't cheap. here

sozie Thu 27-Jan-05 13:44:23

There is a site called The Nappy Lady which does some and I think Jojomamanbebe do some for about £7.50 each (bit expensive imho).

ZoeC Thu 27-Jan-05 14:02:58

I agree - we went 'cold turkey' - nude for 2 days, then just 'big girls knickers' as she'd got the idea then (when in anything for the first 2 days, she'd wet herself but nude she seemed to understand right away). Then introduced clothes a day after that.

I looked at the training pants but decided they were expensive for what they were so wanted to see how we went without them.

She now wakes me at night to go for a wee even though she's in a nappy!

samwifewithkid Sat 29-Jan-05 23:53:40

I use motherease training pants occasionally. My dd (2yr 8m)is wearing knickers now, but the training pants come in handy for poorly bottoms (had a bit of a tummy upset the other day for a couple of days) know she has the hang of the potty she knows not to use them like nappies. I told her that it was because she had a poorly bottom and couldnt get to the potty in time that was the reason she was wearing them. She excepted that. I bought some other ones too that only cost about £5 in Kiddicare in Peterborough, but I can't remember the make of them off the top of my head. I am thinking of using them with a booster liner for night times soon as she has just grown out of her washable nappies. They are just too tight to keep using and I still want the protection at night. If you have used washables I think they are worth buying a few.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: